PDA

View Full Version : 08 lsv CEL on

Leirhiht
09-04-2017, 01:27 AM
Took the boat out today with no issues. Then we were just putting around for about 30 mins all the sudden the check engine light comes on. Turn it on off 3 times trying to reset it and it doesn't shut off. Ride back to the dock with no issue. Get the boat on the trailer and shut it off and on one more time and the light goes away.

Should I be worried to take it out again at surf speeds or even on the water at all?? Nothing was wrong with boat except it just seemed to slow down by it self I then turned it off and headed to the dock with no issues.

trayson
09-05-2017, 04:34 PM
it seemed to slow down by itself? Can you be more descriptive? Did it bring itself down to 3000 RPM's? Because that's limp mode.

I'd say the biggest thing is to check your fluid levels. Nothing will kill an engine faster than low fluids.

Leirhiht
09-05-2017, 04:53 PM
it seemed to slow down by itself? Can you be more descriptive? Did it bring itself down to 3000 RPM's? Because that's limp mode.

I'd say the biggest thing is to check your fluid levels. Nothing will kill an engine faster than low fluids.

We were probably pushing 3000 or 3500 then it started to slow down by itself think it brought the R's to around 2500 or 2800. I then turned it off and checked the fluids and then started it up and went about 15 mph to the dock with zero issues. Got on the trailer and turned it off and on once more and the light went away.

Mikes
09-05-2017, 08:10 PM
Try a new fuel filter.

Leirhiht
09-05-2017, 09:16 PM
Try a new fuel filter.

I did this a month or two before plugs/wires and cap/rotor. I be also done a new fuel pump. How often should fuel filters be replaced?

wolff supra21v
09-06-2017, 08:11 AM
I think on my 07 supra I have to have the codes reset they typical keep popping up till the computer is reset. I might be wrong.