PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Oz tower mirror and swivel racks

Shoebox
08-26-2017, 08:48 PM
I have a 2014 Mondo with Oz tower. Looking for a tower mounted mirror and swivel racks.

KnoxMojo
08-26-2017, 10:56 PM
Check out krypt, bullet lines and monster towers for swivel racks.... The trick is to know that it takes the Malibu IllusionX mount for the OZ tower (they are both made by XTP) You'll have to know your tube diameter for the tower mount mirror. I highly suggest getting one you can swing out of your way to stand, I hated mine and went back to a traditional window mount PTM mirror...Good luck

BrettLee3232
08-26-2017, 11:14 PM
Skylon was the OEM for tower swivels I tried to look on their website but can't find a store anymore.

http://skylonsports.com

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoebox
08-27-2017, 10:55 AM
Check out krypt, bullet lines and monster towers for swivel racks.... The trick is to know that it takes the Malibu IllusionX mount for the OZ tower (they are both made by XTP) You'll have to know your tube diameter for the tower mount mirror. I highly suggest getting one you can swing out of your way to stand, I hated mine and went back to a traditional window mount PTM mirror...Good luckI have the window mount mirror, and can't get it into a spot that isn't in the way and still lets me see the whole wake behind me. The best location I've found is mounted below the pass thru window, but it still needs to be readjusted to open or close the window because it hits the fixed window frame.

As for the racks, I'm hoping I can find some used ones to save a little money. The new ones are insanely expensive.

KnoxMojo
08-27-2017, 06:03 PM
I mount my mirror right in front of me and to the left a little, I can easily see in front of me and the other side as well as the wake behind me all the way out into the flats. Best of luck on finding them used, local craigslist and ebay may be options.

Brians
08-27-2017, 08:48 PM
I have the Samson reverse arch and it works really well. Completely out of my field of view and is pretty solid.

North Woods Mobius
08-27-2017, 11:05 PM
I have the Samson reverse arch and it works really well. Completely out of my field of view and is pretty solid.

+1 on the Samson tower-mounted arm. I bought mine in black powdercoat to match the tower on my 2014 LSV. Bought mine 2 years ago on Bakesonline and it works great. I've got it mounted such that you don't crack your head when you walk through to the bow, and it doesn't obstruct your forward view. I don't lower my tower to get onto my hoist so I always keep the mirror on, but you can quickly remove it if you need to fold your tower down.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170828/7c88c14ab19d0614cff8e67d096d13ac.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170828/fe7c22eea16034f95849bb36229fbbe0.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shoebox
08-27-2017, 11:27 PM
Looks good! Jealous of your racks!

North Woods Mobius
08-27-2017, 11:51 PM
Looks good! Jealous of your racks!

Thanks .... the swivel board racks were factory-ordered, but in addition to multiple boards everyone in my family also has their own slalom ski so I ordered a set of Skylon X waterski racks for the upper mounting holes on the OZ tower. I can get our boat into our hoist with the skis on the racks so I opted for the fixed racks instead of dropping the extra coin for the swivel option. So I used that $$ for new bow speakers and an Exile amp :) ...

Good luck with your search, I've seen a few of the swivel racks for sale over the years but they seem to get snapped up quickly.