PDA

View Full Version : depth gauge

mikepo26
08-23-2017, 04:52 PM
08 lsv, found my air mar transducer, in my bilge. its plugged in. I purchased this boat used from a not so great dealer, where would my depth gauge be if I had it? I have an open gauge spot on the rt side of dash. do I just buy a gauge or is there more parts. thanks for the help

Patrick Sedlak
08-23-2017, 08:17 PM
I have an 07 LSV and my depth finder stopped working this year. Had to replace it, cost about $400. Sorry to hear about your luck.

trayson
08-24-2017, 12:31 PM
I have the stock depth gauge from my 2008 XLV. if it would work for you, shoot me an offer... simple with a black face.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-LVzgbJNwK10/VA8vpK1aEOI/AAAAAAAAX6Q/NgzkUJJ7O0g/s800/20140908_201901_resized.jpg

aerolland
08-24-2017, 02:46 PM
I have the same issue on mine, although I still have the gauge in the dash. It reads "- - -" all the time and the puck in the V-drive locker is just floating around. I have tried holding it under an inch of water like all other transducer instructions say prior to epoxying it down and it still will not work. I plan to replace the transducer and gauge with a nicer gauge - stock one is very hard to read in daylight. My opinion, a critical gauge like that needs to be readable at a glance! That said, mine has not worked for 1.5 seasons and I don't seem to sweat changing it out much... :rolleyes:

mikepo26
08-25-2017, 06:31 AM
it appears I have transducer but no gauge in the dash. trayson I want to do a little more research and find out what I NEED. I will keep you in mind give me a week or 2. also does your lcd perfect pass still read out ok? mine is spotty

trayson
08-25-2017, 11:51 AM
it appears I have transducer but no gauge in the dash. trayson I want to do a little more research and find out what I NEED. I will keep you in mind give me a week or 2. also does your lcd perfect pass still read out ok? mine is spotty

My PP LCD is pretty good so far. I guess I'm lucky.

As far as the depth gauge, just LMK. It's not going anywhere and it's just sitting in a bin of boat project stuff.