PDA

View Full Version : New to me 2007 XLV - Ballast pump setup

timmerz
08-22-2017, 08:51 PM
I just purchases a new to me 2007 XLV. It will be for surf/wake. I've read into the ballast setup, funky at best (mine isn't working that great). I plan to update pumps, and get the 1000ish pound bags for rear. What are most people going to? Seems like 3 aerator pumps with independent intakes and vented loops would be the easiest/cheapest setup. Can the sprinkler pump relay deliver enough power for an aerator pump? will the 1 intake feed 3 pumps ok?Are the aerator pumps just a waste of time and money instead of just getting the wakemaker reversible setup?

Stazi
08-22-2017, 09:00 PM
Get 1100's and a reversible setup with 3 separate intakes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gregski
08-23-2017, 12:17 PM
Can the sprinkler pump relay deliver enough power for an aerator pump? will the 1 intake feed 3 pumps ok?Are the aerator pumps just a waste of time and money instead of just getting the wakemaker reversible setup?

My opinion is that the aerators are not worth the time/money and I think a few here have gone down the path of individual aerators thinking it was a cost savings but decided it wasn't significant after all the extra plumbing is factored in. I would recommend 3 reversible pumps with dedicated through hull intakes. The sprinkler relays are part of the valve. The dash switches can handle the higher current but the original wiring is too small.

aerolland
08-23-2017, 01:33 PM
My opinion is that the aerators are not worth the time/money and I think a few here have gone down the path of individual aerators thinking it was a cost savings but decided it wasn't significant after all the extra plumbing is factored in. I would recommend 3 reversible pumps with dedicated through hull intakes. The sprinkler relays are part of the valve. The dash switches can handle the higher current but the original wiring is too small.

I would disagree with this, however, I have not owned reversible pumps - I just hear the highs and lows of ownership. I went this route on my '08 OBV and have been thoroughly impressed, in fact I was so impressed with the upgrade that I abandoned/delayed my 2nd large aerator pump install. I can fill my 2,700 lb system in 18-20 minutes, usually the same amount of time it takes to idle from the landing to our riding spot. I only have ~$40 in each valve, plush some % for manifold fittings (minimal). I didn't even go through with upgrading to 1" fill lines after initial testing. I have details on the flow analysis I did before gambling on these valves if interested, just ask - but fair warned, it's rather 'nerdy'.

Old way:
http://i.imgur.com/nKwQUGc.jpg

New way:
http://i.imgur.com/cKQt0nv.jpg

Notice the new manifold has room for an expansion inlet. I may change that thought and put a 4th valve there to fill a surfside custom bag, ~300lbs, where the cooler used to be...

parrothd
08-23-2017, 01:38 PM
Reversible pumps, just easier and works better..

kaneboats
08-23-2017, 01:45 PM
I've added a couple thru hull fittings and run about 2250 lbs. plus a sucgate. I have two aerators filling each "zone" and can fill everything in about 6-7 min. I used check valves close to the bags to keep them from siphoning back. (I made a manifold like the one in the post above but then just deleted the whole thing later.)

When I went to this system the reversibles others were installing were burning through impellers all the time. They have since come out with impellers made from much better material. For me it's kind of a toss-up. The reversibles are neat and easy but expensive. The aerators, done right, are faster but have their own problems. Occasionally you will get an air bubble somewhere and have to pull a line and work it out.

jmvotto
08-23-2017, 03:54 PM
I just purchases a new to me 2007 XLV. It will be for surf/wake. I've read into the ballast setup, funky at best (mine isn't working that great). I plan to update pumps, and get the 1000ish pound bags for rear. What are most people going to? Seems like 3 aerator pumps with independent intakes and vented loops would be the easiest/cheapest setup. Can the sprinkler pump relay deliver enough power for an aerator pump? will the 1 intake feed 3 pumps ok?Are the aerator pumps just a waste of time and money instead of just getting the wakemaker reversible setup?

all a function of money. I did a mod with two fill pumps and added a 4th sprinkler valve on my 07 obv for the bow sac. worked great and no real issues except the 1000% suck flat drain. I have not had a problem with the reversible pumps on my 12 XLV and I added upgraded bags everywhere.....

trayson
08-24-2017, 12:21 PM
Depends on what your priorities are.

Aerator:

somewhat lower cost
less amp draw when all pumps are running (no need to have boat running)
a bit faster than reversible
More complicated install
can't use scupper intake, need mushroom thru-hulls

Reversible:

easier install for sure
sucks bags flat
draws much more power, might need a rewire and should have boat running while using multiple pumps
more expensive, but not by a HUGE amount

Occasionally I'll get an air lock on one of my aerators. I have to slide out my rear seat, open the vdrive cover for the bilge, and give the pump lid a half twist which will put water into it, then I'm golden. NEVER had to pop a hose or anything like that.

I've got 3 bags on aerators (1100,1100,1180) and 2 more bags on a reversible (400 and ~250). They all fill or drain in about 7 to 8 minutes. I've got all of them plumbed for above water line draining. I've got the reversible plumbed with check valves on both bags to suck them flat. I have a vented loop on my playpen bag to keep it from passively filling/draining. my rear bags have vent lines that empty on the opposite side of the boat with check valves on them.

Yes, there's an approach where you can replace the sprinkler valves with motorized ball valves. My understanding is that this is a dramatic increase in speed over stock, even more so if you add additional aerator pumps (like Kane did, add a Tee off your intake thru hull and put another pump on it). If you decide to go with motorized ball valves, I have two of them I'd be happy to sell as I didn't end up using them in my setup.

Overall, I'm satisfied with how my system turned out. The aerators are faster/cheaper on paper, but once you add head pressure you end up with the difference being maybe a minute. so not earth shattering. I do like that my system draws fewer amps so I don't have to run my boat while operating my pumps.

Jeepers
08-24-2017, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't waste the money on the reversibles. Pull those sprinkler valves off, throw them in the garbage and replace with 3/4 electric ball valves wired to the existing sprinkler valve wiring. Add vent lines and check valves and you're done. It will fill faster than the reversible pumps. It's easier, cheaper and works as good.

Search eBay for the electric ball valves. They're maybe $50 each.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeepers
08-24-2017, 06:39 PM
I would disagree with this, however, I have not owned reversible pumps - I just hear the highs and lows of ownership. I went this route on my '08 OBV and have been thoroughly impressed, in fact I was so impressed with the upgrade that I abandoned/delayed my 2nd large aerator pump install. I can fill my 2,700 lb system in 18-20 minutes, usually the same amount of time it takes to idle from the landing to our riding spot. I only have ~$40 in each valve, plush some % for manifold fittings (minimal). I didn't even go through with upgrading to 1" fill lines after initial testing. I have details on the flow analysis I did before gambling on these valves if interested, just ask - but fair warned, it's rather 'nerdy'.

Old way:
http://i.imgur.com/nKwQUGc.jpg

New way:
http://i.imgur.com/cKQt0nv.jpg

Notice the new manifold has room for an expansion inlet. I may change that thought and put a 4th valve there to fill a surfside custom bag, ~300lbs, where the cooler used to be...

That's it! Works like a charm! The 1 big rule pumps more water than three individual reversible pumps. I fill 2700#'s in under 20minutes.

aerolland
08-24-2017, 06:45 PM
BACOENG 1" DN25 Stainless Steel NPT 2 Port Motorized Valve (AC/DC9-24V CR04 Two Wires Spring Return When Power Off Electric Ball Valve) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B010LT2NPY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_gB1NzbHBQS90G

I went with 1" valves, however, 3/4" are on same page and are $38. Amazon prime too!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

trayson
08-24-2017, 06:46 PM
I wouldn't waste the money on the reversibles. Pull those sprinkler valves off, throw them in the garbage and replace with 3/4 electric ball valves wired to the existing sprinkler valve wiring. Add vent lines and check valves and you're done. It will fill faster than the reversible pumps. It's easier, cheaper and works as good.

Search eBay for the electric ball valves. They're maybe $50 each.

If he wants to go with the electric ball valves, I'd be happy to sell him a pair for $50 shipped for both.
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?29448-Motorized-Ball-Valves

That's it! Works like a charm! The 1 big rule pumps more water than three individual reversible pumps. I fill 2700#'s in under 20minutes.

20 minutes is too long for me. I can do 3500+ pounds of ballast (and I regularly do) in ~8 minutes. Did I have to pay for my upgrade in time and money? Yup. But I wouldn't go back and do it with any other solution that would take longer.

Jeepers
08-24-2017, 06:50 PM
If he wants to go with the electric ball valves, I'd be happy to sell him a pair for $50 shipped for both.
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?29448-Motorized-Ball-Valves

20 minutes is too long for me. I can do 3500+ pounds of ballast (and I regularly do) in ~8 minutes. Did I have to pay for my upgrade in time and money? Yup. But I wouldn't go back and do it with any other solution that would take longer.

Are you using diesel sump pump and 2" lines? [emoji23]

trayson
08-24-2017, 06:54 PM
Are you using diesel sump pump and 2" lines? [emoji23]

I wish!!!

I'm using T1200 aerator pumps on each of the rear 1100's and also on the 1180 playpen bag. (1 fill and 1 empty pump for each bag with 1.25" lines and dedicated thru hulls for each pump.). I'm using a Johnson reversible on the OEM scupper intake with the OEM 3/4" line to fill/empty a 400 bag and another 250 bag that are under seats.

So at any given time I'll have up to 4 pumps running.

Jeepers
08-24-2017, 07:05 PM
I wish!!!

I'm using T1200 aerator pumps on each of the rear 1100's and also on the 1180 playpen bag. (1 fill and 1 empty pump for each bag with 1.25" lines and dedicated thru hulls for each pump.). I'm using a Johnson reversible on the OEM scupper intake with the OEM 3/4" line to fill/empty a 400 bag and another 250 bag that are under seats.

So at any given time I'll have up to 4 pumps running.

I've seen a similar set up on here; But never saw results posted. It just proves there's always a better way! I don't think any reversible pump system could match what you're getting. Nice work!!

Jeepers
08-24-2017, 07:10 PM
I've seen a similar set up on here; But never saw results posted. It just proves there's always a better way! I don't think any reversible pump system could match what you're getting. Nice work!!

I want to see a pic of that 3700# wave! That thing has to be impressive!

gregski
08-24-2017, 07:21 PM
I've seen a similar set up on here; But never saw results posted. It just proves there's always a better way! I don't think any reversible pump system could match what you're getting.
Yes they do and it's a much simpler install. If the aerator pumps are better then why has every boat manufacturer switched to using reversibles?

twkoehn
08-24-2017, 07:27 PM
I went with the same basic setup as aerolland. I purchased these - https://ussolid.com/motorized-ball-valve-1-stainless-steel-ball-valve-with-full-port-9-24v-dc-and-2-wire-auto-return-setup-by-u-s-solid.html - and have drastically reduced my fill time. It was an easy install too.

twkoehn
08-24-2017, 07:31 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/362d8a640da2ba9833e1329ba1b9a5d6.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170824/eb94bbf89aabe8d4cd799ee050218b22.jpg

Jeepers
08-24-2017, 07:41 PM
Yes they do and it's a much simpler install. If the aerator pumps are better then why has every boat manufacturer switched to using reversibles?

The aerator empty pumps can fickle. They can get air locked and stop pumping, they don't always empty the bags completely. These issues are pretty easy to fix. The reversible pumps definitely offer a cleaner install and probably don't cost the manufacturer as much in warranty repairs.

If I was buying a new boat, I would want the reversible pumps. But sinking the $ into a used boat that already had the aerator system in place didn't make sense to me. I'm having dreams of a 2019 Craz.

I love the fact that we all share ideas, successes and failures. I've learned so much from this group. The group of amazing folks on this forum is top reason I plan to stick with Moomba.

trayson
08-25-2017, 12:21 AM

Because of head pressure, my setup is on par with the reversibles or maybe a minute faster. But like I said, I am happy with the benefits.

And now that the new boats are offering TWO reversible pumps per bag, that's gonna be amazing. But a serious power draw!

I want to see a pic of that 3700# wave! That thing has to be impressive!

I am usually running between 3000 and 3500. It's good sized and clean. I could handle it being a little longer, but it's been really fun and I don't want to go with lead because I trailer everywhere.

It's certainly not the best wave out there (the guys with the newer SA's certainly have me beat), but it's pretty decent for a 2008. :-)

http://i.imgur.com/hEgfdUf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Kawc8GN.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dVMWrux.jpg

Poison
08-25-2017, 09:07 AM
I also have the 07 XLV. I run 3800 lbs to surf and still have the gravity 3. I installed the ball valves and did see an improvement but I'm still sitting at about 25 mins for a complete fill (400 lbs is not plumbed and I use an over the side pump).

If I could add one pump to the manifold and cut the time in half, I might go for it but I don't think it will work that well. Since I need at least two more holes in my boat, I'm going with the réversibles in the offseason.

I have gone back and forth and back and forth all season. There are pros and cons to each. I talked to several folks via PM and heard their take on previous installs. I decided to take up the floor and do a full reversible system for the sake of simplicity. Could I increase the speed by a couple of mins? Sure...could also save a buck doing it. But after dealing with the gravity III system for almost 10 years...the Air locks, replacement pumps, blown fuses, draining issues and the general "what part of it won't work this month" feeling - I want to scrap it and simplify everything.

The arguments for staying with aerators certainly have merit though. You've heard folks in this thread who are happy.

I'm probably keeping my 07 for several more years (which is fine I love this boat and know every inch of it) so this year it's getting a bit of a makeover in the ballast and stereo department.

trayson
08-25-2017, 12:12 PM
I decided to take up the floor and do a full reversible system for the sake of simplicity.

I can't encourage you enough to buy 3 sheets of hydroturf and get rid of your carpet when you take the floor out. It's SOOOOO worth it to not have carpet. And with the panels out, you're halfway there. It's really not that hard of a job to do the turf. Get the b-stock from PWC Muscle and hit them up for a forum discount code. You'll be in it to win it.

I also added a triangle of hydroturf to the bow (for traction when I nose up to pick up passengers) and likewise along the top of the gunwales. It's a huge plus. I have it running from the cleat to the tower leg with an additional strip between the tower leg and the end of the windshield.

gregski
08-25-2017, 12:54 PM
I can't encourage you enough to buy 3 sheets of hydroturf and get rid of your carpet when you take the floor out. It's SOOOOO worth it to not have carpet.

Or the spaghetti mat, or anything. I can't agree more, get rid of the carpet.

Poison
08-25-2017, 01:06 PM
Or the spaghetti mat, or anything. I can't agree more, get rid of the carpet.

Everybody gets excited about replacing the carpet around here. I don't have a strong opinion for or against it. It has never caused me problems. I use it, put the boat back on the lift and it's always dry by the next day. Never smells bad or anything. I run the carpet cleaner when I winterize but other than that it isn't any trouble for me.

trayson
08-25-2017, 01:11 PM
Everybody gets excited about replacing the carpet around here. I don't have a strong opinion for or against it. It has never caused me problems. I use it, put the boat back on the lift and it's always dry by the next day. Never smells bad or anything. I run the carpet cleaner when I winterize but other than that it isn't any trouble for me.

I wouldn't say that my carpet was "bad" per se. But the turf is just better for me. Feels better, easier to clean, dries amazingly quick, doesn't stain. Just more functional overall and I'm very happy I did it. I get tons of compliments on the hydroturf from people that come in my boat, from hardcore boating people to total newbies that really don't know the in's and out's of boat life.

That said, I'm all about modifying and upgrading anything and everything. It's borderline a 'disorder'! haha. I took delivery of my boat in the fall timeframe 3 seasons ago and the first winter I had it, the floors were pulled and the entire ballast system was gutted and the floors were changed out. So I hit the modifications ASAP on mine. That's just how I roll. :-)

Poison
08-25-2017, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't say that my carpet was "bad" per se. But the turf is just better for me. Feels better, easier to clean, dries amazingly quick, doesn't stain. Just more functional overall and I'm very happy I did it. I get tons of compliments on the hydroturf from people that come in my boat, from hardcore boating people to total newbies that really don't know the in's and out's of boat life.

That said, I'm all about modifying and upgrading anything and everything. It's borderline a 'disorder'! haha. I took delivery of my boat in the fall timeframe 3 seasons ago and the first winter I had it, the floors were pulled and the entire ballast system was gutted and the floors were changed out. So I hit the modifications ASAP on mine. That's just how I roll. :-)

I'm not knocking it. I've seen the pictures and yours looks great. This is just one of the few things that I don't really feel strongly about. I spend as much time tinkering with my boat as I do using it but I tend to stick to electrical unless I have something that just bugs me.

That said, I added the gunwale pads and triangle on the nose with leftovers from when I redid the OEM swim deck pad with hydroturf and have been very happy with that 20 min project.

Who knows, now that it's in my head I might change my mind when I get the floor up :)

But then again, I have enough of a project with the new pumps on my hands and duck hunting season starts right after boating season ends... We don't even get out the wetsuits until November down here.

parrothd
08-25-2017, 01:23 PM
Same weight but smaller boat.. ☺️

timmerz
08-25-2017, 03:35 PM
last post didnt go through, sorry If I double.
I ordered some electric ball valves, seems like a cheap way to get going with busted valves. Boat is still at dealership getting brakes fixed. Is the inlet from the pump 1 1/8 and output to bags 3/4? I'd like to put manifold together this afternoon.

aerolland
08-25-2017, 03:44 PM
last post didnt go through, sorry If I double.
I ordered some electric ball valves, seems like a cheap way to get going with busted valves. Boat is still at dealership getting brakes fixed. Is the inlet from the pump 1 1/8 and output to bags 3/4? I'd like to put manifold together this afternoon.

Should be, but I upgraded to 1" manifold and 1" valves so I am not 100% sure. The 1 1/8" sounds familiar but that might just be the thread on the Rule. If I remember correctly, mine had a 1" male nipple from the hose connected to the Rule pump. I threw all that away and went 1" ID throughout, until I got to my hoses to the bags, they are still 3/4"

timmerz
08-28-2017, 12:23 AM
Built new manifold. testing in a few days.

twkoehn
08-28-2017, 12:29 AM
Built new manifold. testing in a few days.

Let's see a picture before you install.

timmerz
08-28-2017, 05:09 PM
Let's see a picture before you install.

3 Amazon ball cables, power on, spring return off.

twkoehn
08-28-2017, 05:23 PM
Looks like that will work. Now, cut off the deutsch connectors from the old sprinkler valves, solder them to the motorized ball valve wires and reconnect. One thing to be careful of when installing - make sure you don't cover you v-drive transmission dip stick.

timmerz
08-28-2017, 05:26 PM
Looks like that will work. Now, cut off the deutsch connectors from the old sprinkler valves, solder them to the motorized ball valve wires and reconnect. One thing to be careful of when installing - make sure you don't cover you v-drive transmission dip stick.

Already done. Waterproof crimp. Going in Wednesday.

twkoehn
08-28-2017, 05:33 PM
Already done. Waterproof crimp. Going in Wednesday.

Awesome. Obviously it's not as good as completely redoing the entire system with reversible pumps and larger hose but you will definitely notice a decrease in the amount of time it takes to fill your bags. I think you will be pleased with the outcome considering the amount of time and money spend. Definitely worth it IMO.

okedoky
09-01-2017, 11:11 AM
Hello guys, I'm jumping in here cause its about the most relevant. New to me(2 weeks) 2006 XLV with GGIII factory setup, 750lb in front and 400s in the the rears? I am looking to upgrade in fairly simple fashion. 1) Is there a max ballast weight that is safe ?? 2) How does this sound for a simple upgrade, 1100s or 1140s added to the left and right rear and then using the factory bag added to port side ski compartment and hooked up to an existing pump with a T in the fill and drain lines. I know this wont be a super fast system but does it seems do-able? Thanks!! any other newbie advice always welcome

MJHSupra
09-01-2017, 11:49 AM
Hello guys, I'm jumping in here cause its about the most relevant. New to me(2 weeks) 2006 XLV with GGIII factory setup, 750lb in front and 400s in the the rears? I am looking to upgrade in fairly simple fashion. 1) Is there a max ballast weight that is safe ?? 2) How does this sound for a simple upgrade, 1100s or 1140s added to the left and right rear and then using the factory bag added to port side ski compartment and hooked up to an existing pump with a T in the fill and drain lines. I know this wont be a super fast system but does it seems do-able? Thanks!! any other newbie advice always welcome

1100s should work. On those hulls, you get to a point where the bag will not totally fill. I had std GG bags then went to 1100s on each side.
I use the orig bags for extra ballast if I do not have many people on the boat.
Use a suck-gate on the opposite surf-side.

The std pumps will be slow. They will work, but you will be waiting. Short-term options you may consider is the Fly High Tsunami Pump System that plugs in the cig lighter for power. You could have the one bag filling up with the existing boat system. Then use the portable pump system on the other bag.

Stazi
09-01-2017, 03:38 PM
My buddy pslitty has the XLV's and those 400's they came with are sad. We upgraded to 1100's and a larger 1100 center bag too. He also did the pump upgrade to the 3 reversibles. We surf that boat with a suck gate I made and add an extra 400 on the rear seat and another 400 on which ever side we are surfing.

okedoky
09-02-2017, 10:49 AM
Suck gate = surf gate = wake shaper???
Mission delta the way to go?

Stazi
09-02-2017, 12:48 PM
Suck gate = surf gate = wake shaper???
Mission delta the way to go?

Mission Delta is a rip off. So many other cheaper options out there.

MJHSupra
09-02-2017, 05:58 PM
Mission Delta is a rip off. So many other cheaper options out there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk+1 on that. My buddy over on the Supra forum bought a Inland Curl (?eBay ?) for $130/140. Does not fall off the 242 hull. He just posted some pics.

Build one for cheaper with a suction handle, cutting boards, ss screws, and some time.

They all do the same thing - delay convergence off the back of the boat.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

timmerz
09-05-2017, 12:03 AM
Got out today. The ballast system worked perfect. Pretty slow. Found the rule was replaced by a pyrana 800 or 1100, cant tell without taking it out. Think Im gonna get some 1100 or 1200 and some new through hulls in a litte. Overall the electric ball valves were perfect.
I've got my wakemakers bagbuster 1150s coming in soon. Ill see how patient I can be with those fill times.

Goods weeks worth done and water tested. Got the new stereo deck installed and working with the remotes, got the bimini top fixed, fixed leak in front ballast that was flooding my bilge with new pyrana 800. Slight hesitation as times on throttle. Thought might be bad gas or low octane. Addressed that, still a problem. Ordered fuel filter. Got my amp, sub and tower speakers going in soon.

Stazi
09-05-2017, 07:51 PM
Cool!

timmerz
10-04-2017, 12:58 PM
Fill time pushing 20 minutes with factory bags. Got reversibles and individual thru hulls in, wakemakers 1140s in the back. Can't wait to get out.26294

Stazi
10-04-2017, 01:02 PM
Looking good!

Poison
10-04-2017, 02:32 PM
I’m about to install the exact same pump kit in my 07 XLV. Any chance you could snap pics of where you put the 2 new thru hulls?

Anything surprising about the install you that you wish you had known?

5:00
10-04-2017, 04:13 PM
Here's where I put mine. It is working for me. They are out of the way of pretty much everything.

Starboard
https://i.imgur.com/y7a1QYS.jpg

Port. The one with the yellow handle is the fresh water intake valve for cooling I just added.
https://i.imgur.com/lWHs5qd.jpg

5:00
10-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Here is where I put my pumps. Keeps everything out of the way of the engine compartment. Yup I know they are upside down. Been fine for four seasons now.

Port

https://i.imgur.com/fChtMYF.jpg

Starboard

https://i.imgur.com/3EWigGO.jpg

timmerz
10-04-2017, 05:42 PM
I’m about to install the exact same pump kit in my 07 XLV. Any chance you could snap pics of where you put the 2 new thru hulls?

Anything surprising about the install you that you wish you had known?

I'll take pics tomorrow. I installed the thru hulls on the right (starboard) side in almost exactly the same location. pretty easy install. drilled 2 holes from the battery compartment into center hold, then into helm to run the battery harnesses. the wakemakers setup was fantastic. The only hitch I had was tightening the bronze thru hull, spun a little tightening down.
I used the existing drain tubing as overflow with check valves, had to extend to the top of the bags. I used the extra 3/4 tubing and fittings from the fill lines. Kept with the existing 3/4 lines for the center as well. didn't think it was worth pulling floor up.

Poison
10-04-2017, 05:46 PM
I'll take pics tomorrow. I installed the thru hulls on the right (starboard) side in almost exactly the same location. pretty easy install. drilled 2 holes from the battery compartment into center hold, then into helm to run the battery harnesses. the wakemakers setup was fantastic. The only hitch I had was tightening the bronze thru hull, spun a little tightening down.
I used the existing drain tubing as overflow with check valves, had to extend to the top of the bags. I used the extra 3/4 tubing and fittings from the fill lines. Kept with the existing 3/4 lines for the center as well. didn't think it was worth pulling floor up.

Thank you very much. 5:00 mentioned to me that he had to order extra hose...but the wakemakers kit has changed a bit since he did it several years ago. Was the hose length sufficient for your XLV?

For the electrical, did you use the existing fuse panel?

timmerz
10-05-2017, 01:56 PM
Thank you very much. 5:00 mentioned to me that he had to order extra hose...but the wakemakers kit has changed a bit since he did it several years ago. Was the hose length sufficient for your XLV?

For the electrical, did you use the existing fuse panel?

The extra hose was the existing fill line, I used for vent. I think the only thing that wasnt in the kit was the 3/4 check valves for the vent.

joshlavik
05-18-2018, 05:49 PM
I wish!!!

So at any given time I'll have up to 4 pumps running.So, no electric ball valves or manifold setup? Just pump, check valve, and hose into the bag? Did you have to do anything with the switches and electrical setup?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

trayson
05-18-2018, 06:10 PM
So, no electric ball valves or manifold setup? Just pump, check valve, and hose into the bag? Did you have to do anything with the switches and electrical setup?

1" thru hulls to 1" ball valves to T1200 Tsunami pumps to 1.25" line to 1" check valves. Line strung up as high as possible in the rear lockers to prevent passive filling. 3/4" vent line on each bag. T1200 pump on each drain going to thru hull on the opposite side (to lessen passive draining when listed). Center bag has a vented loop to prevent passive filling. Drain and vent thru hulls are above the top of the bag, so no worries with passive draining on front bag.

I also have a reversible off the factory scupper intake. That fills a 400 bag under the surfside seat and another 250 under the surfside bow seat. That has check-valves on the drains to help suck the bag dry as well as a check valve on the fill line to enable an above water line drain off a Tee.

No ball valves or manifolds.

joshlavik
05-18-2018, 10:48 PM
I just got the "swell" surf gate. Have not tried yet but looked pretty similar to the mission for less money
+1 on that. My buddy over on the Supra forum bought a Inland Curl (?eBay ?) for $130/140. Does not fall off the 242 hull. He just posted some pics.

Build one for cheaper with a suction handle, cutting boards, ss screws, and some time.

They all do the same thing - delay convergence off the back of the boat.

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Dbhayes35127
08-11-2019, 10:51 AM
I am looking to do something like this for my 07 LSV I recently upgraded to the 910s from wakemakers, but the stock gravity 3 takes about 40 min to fill them. Can you send me a list of the parts you used? I would really appreciate it. I really don’t want to invest in the wake makers ballast upgrade for this boat just want faster fill times. Any help is appreciated

Turbinesurgeon
08-20-2019, 11:33 PM
I am looking to do something like this for my 07 LSV I recently upgraded to the 910s from wakemakers, but the stock gravity 3 takes about 40 min to fill them. Can you send me a list of the parts you used? I would really appreciate it. I really don’t want to invest in the wake makers ballast upgrade for this boat just want faster fill times. Any help is appreciated

Wow 40 minutes. Check out my post on upgrading the Gravity 3. It takes me 18 minutes to fill using 800 gpm pumps. I don’t know how long the single pump set up took because I re-did the whole system before I put the boat on the water.

Stazi
08-21-2019, 06:08 AM
40 mins!!! [emoji44]

Eff that. You definitely need the reversible pump upgrade. Put on your big boy pants and do it.