PDA

View Full Version : Two issues I'm trying to figure out on my 2010 LSV

TL7
08-19-2017, 01:53 AM
1. Wakeplate works when ballast is empty, but once loaded it will only move down and not up. Once I empty the ballast it works again.

2. Boat cranks and starts first turn of the key but immediately dies. It won't stay running unless I push the button on the throttle handle and give it some throttle while I start it. Once it's running it runs great, idles great, etc. It just won't start without giving it gas.

I don't know if this is related to my issues and I debated disclosing it as to not lead the thoughts in a particular way, but we haven't used the boat near as much in the past two years as we did the first 6. As a result of that my battery has gone completely dead several times, and I've revived it with a charger. I just bought a new battery but haven't installed yet, but can't help but wonder if this has anything to do with these issues. Everything else has been maintained on yearly basis (oil, transmission, impeller, etc).

Would love to figure this out so I don't have to take it to the dealer blindly. Help!

mmandley
08-19-2017, 08:51 AM
Gotta start with that fresh battery

You should never have to use throttle to start a fuel injected engine.

I have a sneaky feeling your batter has Voltage very low amperage

So the boat is trying to run off the Alternator and it's being taxed

Change the battery out see what problems still exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bsharer
08-19-2017, 09:50 AM
Check your locker dividers to be sure they are screwed down to the floor. They can become loose and when you fill up the ballast it will push the divider into the engine compartment and could be pushing on a wiring harness or kinking a hydraulic line to the wake plate.

zabooda
08-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Use a battery tender continuously on the new battery install to make it last a lot longer.