PDA

View Full Version : Your Repair History - Over 10 years, original owner?

smokedog2
08-17-2017, 06:40 AM
2005 Moomba LSV with 600+ hours.

I've replaced tires, batteries (I put in a second and a Pergo - do that), the back deck and some flat vinyl, a steering cable and almost a transition. Turned out to be a "clutch plate"? Couple hundred dollar linkage. The Fresh Air Exhaust is showing its age but still works great. Still an awesome upgrade. And I put in a new radio and a couple speakers - but I cannot get the driver side controls to work.

My Perfect pass went out years ago. It went to them and came back upgraded for a nominal fee.

The heater plates/ covers are loose. One is missing, the lines have holes, the switch is going but the look on a kids face coming off the water when they are handed a heater for the first time - priceless.

I winterize with pink anti-freeze. A hose connection in line makes it much, much easier. Flawless operation for 10 years.

I've had good luck with mine.

SD2

wolff supra21v
08-17-2017, 08:23 AM
I got a 2007 supra 10 years this summer 700 hours on the boat usage slow down last couple summers due to kids and building a lake
work under warranty - throttle Sensor and second fuel pump for vapor locking and a loose ground.
Since then add duel batteries and had to replace them once so far. all new speakers, New vinyl, Needs new carpet add larger sacs and additional pumps.
The beginning of this summer replace the alternator, starter, and raw water pump.
I add a trim tab system for surfing (works decent but depressed after seeing the suck gates out now).
I would love a new boat but I have a hard time parting with this one with the price of a new one. This one does what I want and is paid for. But it would be nice to be able to set up a lot faster.

zabooda
08-17-2017, 09:13 AM
The 15 years of ownership had very little in repairs: a carb rebuild, electronic ignition, engine water pump, replace a speedo and a few new skins. I have about 600 hours.