PDA

View Full Version : Real Life Experience: 2017 Supra SA400 or SG450

Gmark
08-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Hey guys, I am contemplating moving from my 2015 Mojo to a new Supra to take advantage of some end of year discounts. One of my driving motivations is to dramatically improve the surfing capabilities. It is between the SA400 and the SG450. They are each configured the same way as far as features and options (other than larger engine on the SG of course). I personally like the look of the SA, and have no doubt that either will meet our wakeboarding needs. I am thoroughly aware of all of the specification differences and have spent a lot of time on the boats on the showroom floor. I would appreciate any feedback from folks who have been on either (ideally both) of these boats and could give me your real life impressions of handling, comfort, wakeboard and surf. I will be test-driving each sometime this week. Thanks!

Mgigs7
08-13-2017, 12:45 PM
I just picked up a 16 SG550 and I love it. The only real difference is going to be the bow and space after the cockpit. I like the bow on the SA but wanted more room in the back so I chose the SG. The SA does weigh a couple hundred pounds more so there's a little extra ballast. You will need additional weight in either one to get a killer surf wave.
Go for the bigger motor if price is the same. Color is also a consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk