PDA

View Full Version : Spray date?

snowking
08-12-2017, 12:13 PM
How does the process generally go with purchasing a new boat? I put a deposit down in late June on an 18 mojo. I was told 8-12 weeks from then the boat would come in (September) now he's telling me late September is my spray date meaning I probably won't see the boat until November. Is this the norm with ordering a boat? The thing that has me most annoyed is the fact that there's a 18 mojo for sale in Cincinnati. In my business if I give someone a build date I do everything in my power to stick to it.

Stazi
08-12-2017, 12:38 PM
Ask for s refund and go get the other one. I think your dealer dropped the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

snowking
08-12-2017, 02:01 PM
That's what I was thinking they dropped the ball. About a week ago he emailed me that I couldn't make any more changes so I'm figuring he submitted my order. I'm not in anyway bashing the dealer I'm just curios as to how this usually goes time line wise. For example when I snowcheck a new sled from Polaris I get a confirmation email from Polaris stating what I ordered as soon as it's submitted by my dealer, a few months later I get another email stating that my sled is being built about two weeks after that I get another email stating it's being shipped and soon after a call from my dealer saying it's in and being prepped. What's the process and time line with skiers choice? Is it different for everyone? And is it different in my case because of the boat being an 2018. Or maybe the time of year I placed my order?