PDA

View Full Version : Engine Codes - 2017 Moomba Mojo

TJG
08-11-2017, 11:27 AM
A question for the group. Our 2017 Mojo has been throwing engine codes since we've taken delivery. In fact, it through the codes on the first test drive with the dealer!

Thus far, we've had to have the codes reset three time . after the dealer test drive, at the 20 hr service (lights came on immediately, but boat runs fine), immediately after the 20hr service, and finally about 6 hrs after the last time it was reset.

Obviously, resetting and clearing the codes isn't working. Can anyone tell me what these codes mean? It throws the same 4 every time:

DTC 134: EG01 open / lazy
DTC 134: EG02 open / lazy
DTC 8915: UEGO pump cell slow to warm up

The last one simply says 'Engine' with no code description given.

These problems, along with crooked Moomba script on the rear seat, multiple LEDS not working from the factory (Moomba LEDS on the tower and one of the front LED bars is very dim), and last night the Wakeplate motor would not turn off (a new one!) are really making it hard to simply enjoy the boat.

Any one else experiencing engine codes and quality control issues on their new boats?

Stazi
08-11-2017, 12:24 PM
I get those intermittently as well. It's the ECU not seeing the O2 sensors warm up quick enough. Not a big deal, but it is annoying nonetheless. I think SC needs to adjust something in the ECU programming with Indmar's help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TJG
08-11-2017, 12:57 PM
I work on cars in my spare time, so I knew they were O2/emissions related. The odd thing is, these came on last night after about 40 minutes on the water. Is there any way to clear, or am I stuck with the engine light on until the dealer clears codes?

BrettLee3232
08-11-2017, 01:15 PM
Happens on MBs a lot (O2 sensor) Indmar said it was to much idling (wtf?)

Turn battery switch off then on always fixed it, well at least for MB. I haven't thrown any of those codes with my Raptor

moombahighrider
08-11-2017, 01:43 PM
I had codes on my mojo from the get go too, but my dealer knew that there was a service bulletin out on it and they needed to install different sensors. They didnt have them at the time of boat delivery but told me not to worry about it and that they would switch them out at the 20 hour service, which they did. They also found a second bulletin and swapped some additional sensors out at the 20 hr service. Have you had this done already? Surely your dealer should know about this. From your description, your dealer doesn't sound like they are the best. Who is it?

Stazi
08-11-2017, 03:04 PM
Yep turn battery switch off and they will clear

TJG
08-11-2017, 03:44 PM

Mine do not clear - I turn the battery switch off every time the boat is on the lift.

Stazi
08-11-2017, 10:51 PM
Makes no sense. If you turn all batteries to off it cut power to ECU and codes should clear. Just like pulling the negative off you battery in a car clears the Check Engine Light.

moombahighrider
08-12-2017, 10:26 AM
Mine do not clear - I turn the battery switch off every time the boat is on the lift.

In my opinion, this is besides the fact anyway. See post #5. Have you had these sensors changed out by your dealer?

dusty2221
08-12-2017, 10:50 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkUntil the next time it runs, if it even clears.

Think the days of this trick are long gone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Stazi
08-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Yeah it is persistent. We need SC to address this

stevemarich
08-13-2017, 09:45 PM
Yeah it is persistent. We need SC to address this

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI had those exact codes from brand new as well , they would come on but would go away after 10 to 20 minutes, happened several times before the 20 hour service , they mentioned they did a service bulletin or something of that nature, replace a sensor , I don't remember off hand, when I brought it in for 20 hour, after that have only seen the codes 2 times and at 70 hours so far , they always go away on their own though. The codes also we're not present or stored when it went in for 20hr

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

TJG
08-14-2017, 12:54 PM
In my opinion, this is besides the fact anyway. See post #5. Have you had these sensors changed out by your dealer?

Nothing regarding a service bulletin has been mentioned to me. I shot they an email late last week, we'll see if they have some new info on it.

I had those exact codes from brand new as well , they would come on but would go away after 10 to 20 minutes, happened several times before the 20 hour service , they mentioned they did a service bulletin or something of that nature, replace a sensor , I don't remember off hand, when I brought it in for 20 hour, after that have only seen the codes 2 times and at 70 hours so far , they always go away on their own though. The codes also we're not present or stored when it went in for 20hr

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Good to know. Hopefully I'll hear back something on this.

stevemarich
08-14-2017, 12:59 PM
S.b# 2017-2mod part# 597093 qty. 2 description sensor skin temp resolution: replaced 2 sensors per bulletin
That is what the repair order says, not sure if will help or not

Hammerlau
06-03-2018, 11:49 AM
I bought a new to me 2017 Mojo. They put new cats, and exhuast manifolds on along with new sensors this spring and now I have the same codes but with EGO03 and EGO04 as well. What did they do to fix this? What software version are you running?

Devo30
06-09-2018, 01:45 PM
I had those codes show Lazy on my 18 craz. Has it in for my 10 hour service and they had to replace an O2 sensor as those engine compartment peices that separate the motor and ballast bag were not placed correctly and they were pushing against the motor and that sensor. They supposedly put them in correct but I just took it out on the water and busted all the plastic holders at the bottom so those separators are pretty much useless right now. Factory bags. Anybody else had these break:push in?

Stazi
06-09-2018, 01:57 PM
I had those codes show Lazy on my 18 craz. Has it in for my 10 hour service and they had to replace an O2 sensor as those engine compartment peices that separate the motor and ballast bag were not placed correctly and they were pushing against the motor and that sensor. They supposedly put them in correct but I just took it out on the water and busted all the plastic holders at the bottom so those separators are pretty much useless right now. Factory bags. Anybody else had these break:push in?

Replace them with aluminum channel instead of the plastic.

Devo30
06-09-2018, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=Stazi;326550]Replace them with aluminum channel instead of the plastic.

Sent fromtbat makes way more sense.
Thank

jared24
04-10-2019, 01:10 AM
Got these same codes on my 17 Craz. Took to dealer hoping for a simple sensor replacement. Heard back today that the manifold bolts were loose and water in at least one of the cats. Still more test to run but the boat wont be making our camping trip this weekend. Super bummed...