PDA

View Full Version : Draining rear bags

Mojo2.5dusty
08-09-2017, 11:47 PM
Okay I have upgraded rear bags and they are just not emptying all the way I have to turn the pumps on and lift the bag up to get all the water out. Any help would be much appreciated. I have the bags fill timer set pretty high and I look to make sure they fill all the way up and I shut them off.

2014 moomba mojo 2.5

KnoxMojo
08-09-2017, 11:52 PM
I always try to empty while running on plane or the bow up some, this pushes all the water to the back. If you are draining while static, they will have some left in the them. You could also empty as much as possible, then turn your pumps back on once you are on the trailer at the ramp or an incline. You say you set the timers pretty high? Most recommend 1 minute per 100 pounds, so if you went to #1100, I would try 11:30 fill and drain times....don't forget that there are timers for both. Hope that helps.

Mojo2.5dusty
08-10-2017, 12:00 AM
I always try to empty while running on plane or the bow up some, this pushes all the water to the back. If you are draining while static, they will have some left in the them. You could also empty as much as possible, then turn your pumps back on once you are on the trailer at the ramp or an incline. You say you set the timers pretty high? Most recommend 1 minute per 100 pounds, so if you went to #1100, I would try 11:30 fill and drain times....don't forget that there are timers for both. Hope that helps.

Thanks that helps I'll try that next time. I will have to tell my step dad to start draining while I'm pulling the boat out at the ramp.

2014 moomba mojo 2.5

rdlangston13
08-10-2017, 12:48 AM
Also adding check valves to the vent lines on the rear bags helps to suck them all the way down by preventing air from entering the bag causing it to lose prime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrettLee3232
08-10-2017, 01:34 AM
I have the same problem & I have check valves. It's a pain in the ass lifting up the bags to get the water out 🤦🏼*♂️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lsvboombox
08-10-2017, 07:58 AM
Make sure the check valves are working. Mine will completely drain with check valves to the extent its looks like they are vacuum sealed bags

I bought the cheaper check valves from wakemakers. One of them wasn't working properly and wouldn't seal. It ended up the screws where to tight and were contorting the plastic and would close fully. They should shut 100% or your not gonna get the suction