PDA

View Full Version : The All-New Moomba MAX Is Here!

Moomba Press
08-09-2017, 03:49 PM

Introducing the all-new 2018 Moomba Max™. This boat redefines what it means to go big. With 3,000 lbs of ballast, a crazy deep hull and nearly 23 feet of length, the Max is a massive amount of fun.

https://www.moomba.com/2018-updates

snyderaaron
08-09-2017, 04:09 PM
First!!! Alright what is the G6 Ballast?

BrettLee3232
08-09-2017, 04:13 PM
First!!! Alright what is the G6 Ballast?

[emoji1308] pumps per bag

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prospersigman
08-09-2017, 04:18 PM
I assume the G6 ballast is the 2 ballast pumps per ballast bag...maybe??

BrettLee3232
08-09-2017, 04:20 PM
I assume the G6 ballast is the 2 ballast pumps per ballast bag...maybe??

Winner winner chicken dinner [emoji490]

lsvboombox
08-09-2017, 04:27 PM
I'm not feeling anything special

Isaguel
08-09-2017, 07:28 PM
Hmmm, kind of a disappointment. With all the hype and the "MAX" name I was expecting a boat larger than the mojo. Its actually listed at 22ft, 6". That is shorter than the Mojo. Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on it, I think its a good looking boat, its just they built an expectation that this was supposed to be size leader in the Moomba line, and it is not.
I think the starting MSRP is pretty good at 61k (+options). I think it will be a great value at that price, but I think the Mojo remains their flagship. I think the hull on the mojo is pretty deep, I wonder how the Max compares.

dusty2221
08-09-2017, 07:37 PM
You need to see the max in person to understand the depth. It's unreal deep.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
08-09-2017, 07:54 PM
The pros that rode behind it said that with weight and all things being equal, it was better than a G23...the free board is more than the Helix...as Dusty said, you have to see it and sit in it to appreciate it.

dusty2221
08-09-2017, 08:31 PM
I'm just under 5'8, this should give you an idea.

http://i.imgur.com/eHMeTQs.jpg

mgswake
08-09-2017, 08:33 PM
The helix looks like a sweet deal, but for the mojo at 91k msrp I would takes used g or supra sa or many others all day every day! Yikes

jmvotto
08-09-2017, 10:14 PM
I'm just under 5'8, this should give you an idea.

http://i.imgur.com/eHMeTQs.jpg

Your on your knees right 😳

dusty2221
08-09-2017, 10:15 PM
Hardly, closer to my tippy toes.

KnoxMojo
08-09-2017, 11:16 PM
The helix looks like a sweet deal, but for the mojo at 91k msrp I would takes used g or supra sa or many others all day every day! Yikes

The Mojo Pro is the $91k msrp, the regular Mojo is still at $69k.....The Pro gets you Flow 3, full Wet Sounds, GatorStep, everything billet, the tower dress up and a few other items.....

BrettLee3232
08-10-2017, 01:50 AM
Is it just me or is anyone else perturbed about the screen showing 2 exhaust ports like it's frickin 2014 LOL [emoji23]

I gave them the benefit of the doubt for the 17s being a new system and all but the 18 screen should of been fixed. Or am I just being to anal? Haha

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170810/fc42c2e55b2849537734f79e5606ee71.png

Stazi
08-10-2017, 08:25 AM
They should remove the left one just to make you even more nuts! Lol

New Guy
08-10-2017, 10:43 AM
I don't know about it. I've never been a fan of the lines of the helix and this even less.

tantlingerbill
08-10-2017, 10:54 AM
Loved the dog riding in the Max

chester
08-10-2017, 01:29 PM
Is the rear locker still bags? I feel like with a depth like that, it should be subfloor hard tank cause there would still be a ton of room

viking
08-10-2017, 03:31 PM
Whats with the promo video...........a dinosaur and surfing with a character floaty?? FAIL

jmvotto
08-10-2017, 03:37 PM
they should remove the left one just to make you even more nuts! Lol

sent from my iphone using tapatalk

lol...............

Getssum96
08-10-2017, 07:38 PM
Whats with the promo video...........a dinosaur and surfing with a character floaty?? FAIL

I don't know, maybe it it's just me but the T-rex and flamingo made me giggle.

jtryon
08-11-2017, 09:00 AM
does anyone have more pics of this? all i see on the moomba page is the video and a one-page brochure.

Cody
08-11-2017, 09:02 AM
Is the rear locker still bags? I feel like with a depth like that, it should be subfloor hard tank cause there would still be a ton of room

Rear lockers are still bags.

goose
08-11-2017, 01:33 PM
fyi, there is another thread on the Sales and Information tab that also has more info on the Max. You might check it out also...

08-12-2017, 06:20 PM
The pros that rode behind it said that with weight and all things being equal, it was better than a G23...the free board is more than the Helix...as Dusty said, you have to see it and sit in it to appreciate it.

If you ask any pro "off the record" the wake on the G23 is the best there has ever been. If you have ridden one, you know. I find it hard to believe that Moomba's new entry level 23 foot boat has a better wake than the best wake ever created. I could be wrong.

I was watching this Moomba closely and to be honest was expecting something bigger than a 23ft boat. A few years ago I moved over the a MC X30, which has been flawless, but am in the market for a new boat and had this been in the 24-25ft range I would have really considered it.

russellsmojo
08-13-2017, 12:07 AM
I was watching this Moomba closely and to be honest was expecting something bigger than a 23ft boat. A few years ago I moved over the a MC X30, which has been flawless, but am in the market for a new boat and had this been in the 24-25ft range I would have really considered it.

I agree...I am give the max the g killer anytime soon. Just silly stuff.

However, Don't know what year your MC is but why knock the new moomba? You should be looking at a Supra SE anyways for a 24 foot boat and probably similar price depending on year.

zabooda
08-13-2017, 11:05 AM
Boat length is not much of a factor. With the same amount of weight, more displacement occurs with less surface area on the water. What is out of the water doesn't contribute to the wake.

russellsmojo
08-13-2017, 11:07 AM

However, Don't know what year your MC is but why knock the new moomba? You should be looking at a Supra SE anyways for a 24 foot boat and probably similar price depending on year.

Meant to say I am not giving max the g killer status. $100k difference between the two boats.

08-13-2017, 01:31 PM

Hi. My X-30 is a 2013. It's one of the best surf boats MC has ever made and it's a true crossover. For me to "upgrade" I was looking for more room and even more storage (the X30 has the most storage of the entire MC lineup, even more than an X46). I wasn't knocking the Max, just the marketing of how it was going to be so so big and than it's shorter than a mojo. I get that it's deeper, I was just hoping for a 24-25ft Moomba.

I also think that with that much freeboard, why have the rear lockers full of bags? Isn't that the point of making the boats look like tug boats?

My last Moomba was such an awesome boat and I currently ride a Mojo often so I was interested in a new Moomba if it was much larger than my current boat.

russellsmojo
08-13-2017, 03:11 PM
That makes more sense 501. Thought you were comparing the two. I agree that a 24 foot Moomba would be a hot seller. I suspect they are having a hard time keeping moomba pricing from shooting up.

KnoxMojo
08-14-2017, 12:35 PM
Talking about the Max being a G killer, if the boat has higher freeboard and the same beam as the G23 and you can throw more weight at it than a G, why could the pro riders not like it better? Its all in what you like anyways, some like the abrupt transition, others like more of a ramp.... At any rate, here is hoping for a 102" beam Mojo style 24' boat next year!!!!

KG's Supra24
08-14-2017, 12:48 PM
I would think the answer to that question is R&D.

Have there been any pics of the wake or wave?

KnoxMojo
08-14-2017, 12:56 PM
There will be soon, My wife and I did the photo/video shoots for the new boats, that's me carrying the huge sandwich with Trevor...hahaha...I've seen the wake and wave first hand, but didn't get to ride it :(

KG's Supra24
08-14-2017, 01:41 PM
There will be soon

I guess I'll just stay right here on the edge of my seat .....

08-14-2017, 04:04 PM
Talking about the Max being a G killer, if the boat has higher freeboard and the same beam as the G23 and you can throw more weight at it than a G, why could the pro riders not like it better? Its all in what you like anyways, some like the abrupt transition, others like more of a ramp.... At any rate, here is hoping for a 102" beam Mojo style 24' boat next year!!!!

There has been PLENTY of 23 foot boats out over the past 10 years with a 102" beam and when you throw 2800lbs of ballast or more their wakes never came close to quality of a G. There is a lot more too it than weight and "freeboard". It's the hull.

Heck I had my XLV super weighted close to that of a G and all it did was wash out. More freeboard wouldn't have helped.

KnoxMojo
08-14-2017, 04:08 PM
They had close to 5000 pounds in the Max if I am not mistaken... I get it, the G is the jam, but a boat that's less than half the price of a G that throws a monster wake and surf wave can't be all bad.

BrettLee3232
08-14-2017, 04:09 PM
They had close to 5000 pounds in the Max if I am not mistaken... I get it, the G is the jam, but a boat that's less than half the price of a G that throws a monster wake and surf wave can't be all bad.

Wait so all these videos that they show aren't stock ballast???? No wonder everyone's pissed when they can't dial in their mojo with stock ballast lol [emoji23]

08-14-2017, 10:40 PM

Don't get me wrong, I think the G's are overpriced. And you are totally right, if this boat has a wake and wave even in the same category as a G and is 1/2 the price they won't be able to keep up with the demand.

I was just surprised to see it priced less than the Mojo I expected this to be the new flagship.

russellsmojo
08-14-2017, 10:45 PM
Nautique sales results will never even know Moomba has this boat out. People are not spending $150k because they are chasing a better wake.

Stazi
08-15-2017, 06:50 AM
Nautique sales results will never even know Moomba has this boat out. People are not spending $150k because they are chasing a better wake.

I agree totally. Many of the people dropping $150k into a wakeboard boat, don't need a boat that big to hold the large amounts of ballast they can carry, but rather to accommodate their overly inflated egos.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

sandm
08-15-2017, 11:00 AM
I also think that with that much freeboard, why have the rear lockers full of bags? Isn't that the point of making the boats look like tug boats?

subfloor ballast cost money. keep adding things like that and before you know it, you have a 100k moomba(although I have heard the mojo pro can sticker up to 91k which I will never get from a moomba- that's competing against a whole new class of manufacturers).
not having seen one in person yet, the basic concept and size of this boat looks to be a good move for moomba even if it isn't the length others were looking for but with the basic hull done, it seems that they could add a few feet and end up with a 24.5ft boat pretty easy if market demands it. just not sure that the 24ft+ market is one worth going after.

zabooda
08-15-2017, 01:51 PM
When SC mentioned the maximum stock ballast that they can put into the boat they know owners will add a bunch more. I'm sure SC tested the Max with add on ballast to see what it is capable of doing and any issues that may arise from excessive loading. Equal displacement and equal rear hull shape will produce an equal wake. Anything above the waterline is bling. The only thing remaining is the wake diversion method and that is technology development that separates the companies.

lucas200397
08-23-2017, 05:56 AM

what motor and prop combo did they use to get this amount of weight on plane? this is the setup that I want to run in a max!!!!! I'm in the process of getting my boat on the market so I can have a max in the garage ;)

smokedog2
08-23-2017, 06:32 AM
I watch the inboard numbers clime every year on my little pond. They get bigger too. After 12 years with the same boat, buy one you can trailer if you trailer, and store inside but otherwise yeah big. People and stuff. I am usually out with a Supra. Two boats are way better than one really big one if you can swing it with drivers, dock and storage. With this one, I'd be scared to forget to empty a sack someplace.

DFTR Josh
08-23-2017, 10:30 PM
what motor and prop combo did they use to get this amount of weight on plane? this is the setup that I want to run in a max!!!!! I'm in the process of getting my boat on the market so I can have a max in the garage
I would be interested in this also... I was told the one that was in UT had stock ballast with people and wouldn't plain out?

BrettLee3232
08-24-2017, 02:53 AM
I would be interested in this also... I was told the one that was in UT had stock ballast with people and wouldn't plain out?

People still use stock ballast?

DFTR Josh
08-24-2017, 10:40 AM
People still use stock ballast?
This is the best part of new boats and stock ballast. I've always used stock ballast for wake and never had a problem with any of my tricks being landed. I actually think people loading their boats aren't doing any good and losing the true form and line tension for proper wakeboarding. Just recently I had the Helix out with stock and was blow away with the tricks being landed by some friends. Now surfing I can see the need for additional weight but we also have surfed stock and didn't have a problem.