PDA

View Full Version : Throttle issue, can idle forward and back but can't give it any throttle?

jetpilot2002
08-06-2017, 08:30 PM
Is this a throttle position sensor? 2008 moomba xlv 5.7 indmar assault mpi 340 with perfect pass. I can idle forward and backs give it throttle and nothing happens. Check engine light on also.

Stazi
08-06-2017, 09:46 PM
Sounds like it, but the CEL is probably identifying the fault

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jetpilot2002
08-06-2017, 09:53 PM
How do I check the cel?

chawkphil
08-07-2017, 12:05 AM
Mine would do this intermittently. Would work fine for a while after shutting off and restarting then but would go into forced idle sometimes. Turned out to be the throttle position sensor. New throttle body fixed the problem. Inboard online had the best price by far. Great customer service too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jetpilot2002
08-07-2017, 10:02 AM
Mine would do this intermittently. Would work fine for a while after shutting off and restarting then but would go into forced idle sometimes. Turned out to be the throttle position sensor. New throttle body fixed the problem. Inboard online had the best price by far. Great customer service too.

This is the first time it happened to me and I tried turning it on and off and also disconnecting the power about a dozen times during the day yesterday and it never did anything more then idle forward and back. Is this the part: SENSOR TPS MONOVALE & LS-1 ?

Stazi
08-07-2017, 12:14 PM
Should be a removable piece on the throttle body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chawkphil
08-08-2017, 07:19 PM
My tps was not serviceable separate from the throttle body but I have the assault 325, not the 340 so I'm not sure if it's different. I popped the plastic cover off the side of the throttle body but there was no way to service the sensor itself. I tried to find the email from indmar with the part number but it seems to have disappeared. I would get in touch with indmar and they can give you the correct part number. They were really helpful and directed me to inboard online who were also great to work with.

I would make sure you check the cel first before throwing parts at it though! I had my dealer pull the codes for me. I was able to find symptom charts in the indmar service manuals I downloaded from bakes that helped with diagnosis.

Moombalsvky
09-03-2021, 03:22 PM
I also have a 2007 moomba outback lab with the 325 Assault. Just last weekend I also experienced the idle speed only in forward and reverse. I replaced the sensor on the bracket at the throttle cable. I also replaced the throttle position sensor on the throttle body and still experiencing the throttle issue. I have the moomba EZ cruise control. Not sure if that has anything to do with it. Does anyone have any ideas?