PDA

View Full Version : Supra?!

KnoxMojo
08-06-2017, 02:25 PM
I am seeing more and more Supra posts and pics on the Moomba Forum...how do you guys feel about this? I know they are similar boats, but I don't get on here to read and see about Supras...just my .02

russellsmojo
08-06-2017, 03:33 PM
The Supra forum is extremely weak on the newer boats. Also, keep in mind most Supra owners on here had a moomba and therefore have relationships on here.

Asking Supra owners to leave is not an option imo. Combining would be a good solution.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mgigs7
08-06-2017, 04:05 PM
Thanks Russell!

dusty2221
08-06-2017, 04:42 PM
I am seeing more and more Supra posts and pics on the Moomba Forum...how do you guys feel about this? I know they are similar boats, but I don't get on here to read and see about Supras...just my .02

What Russell said.

Spend some time on the Supra forum and you will see why we are all here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

tater
08-06-2017, 05:01 PM
I believe this has come up before,The Malibu crew forum is for both Malibu and Axis,maybe the Moomba forum should become a Skiers Choice forum with Moomba threads and Supra threads seperate, just an idea, leave the Supra forum as is cause if you are doing a resto-mod on a 86 Sunsport or a 90 Conbrio that is the place to get all that info, if you ask how to set-up a SA,SE,SG and now the new SL you will get 0 responses,As someone that is in between boats and have had a Moomba for the past 9 years I too will be moving to a Supra or Malibu,I really need the Supra guys posting to give me some insight on there experience with there boats,so i hope they keep posting

zabooda
08-06-2017, 05:14 PM
All Skiers Choice models so we are all in the same boat (pardon the pun). It is important to identify your boat in messages with so many models anyway. I find all of the boats on the forum look really cool and I am impartial to the metal flake so show more metal flake.

russellsmojo
08-06-2017, 05:21 PM
I even enjoy the occasional read of a vintage Supra with a bad ass mulligan in life. Combine!!

This would probably never happen. But what if I was in the market for a Supra. I trolled the Supra forum for a while but never found this awesome forum. I might go shopping elsewhere.

MJHSupra
08-06-2017, 05:30 PM
I posted something like this a few weeks ago.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?29957-Why-have-2-forums-%96-Supra-and-Moomba

I do not see why they do not combine them.
I have a Supra but spend most of my online time here b/c most of the posts on the Supra Site are on older models.
And I think it's cool to have a location on restoring, but to have the main Supra Site devoted to 80/90s models is funny.

beat taco
08-07-2017, 12:48 AM
I am seeing more and more Supra posts and pics on the Moomba Forum...how do you guys feel about this? I know they are similar boats, but I don't get on here to read and see about Supras...just my .02Feel free to select the ignore feature for any Supra owners, you can also leave just my .02.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
08-07-2017, 12:50 AM
I get it, Supra people need an outlet.... But Supra boat owners should not feel entitled to post on the Moomba forum just because they are both made by skiers choice.... Sorry KW, I know you're rolling your eyes at me right now..... But fact is, they are different brands and this forum is most readily accessed or found from the Moomba boats home page... And I noticed that most that posted about my comment are Supra owners..... I'm not mad, just asking a question, and y'all validated my point.... I'll email marketing to see if they could combine everything to a Skiers Choice forum.... Beat Taco, very mature response....

russellsmojo
08-07-2017, 12:58 AM
I get it, Supra people need an outlet.... But Supra boat owners should not feel entitled to post on the Moomba forum just because they are both made by skiers choice.... Sorry KW, I know you're rolling your eyes at me right now..... But fact is, they are different brands and this forum is most readily accessed or found from the Moomba boats home page... And I noticed that most that posted about my comment are Supra owners..... I'm not mad, just asking a question, and y'all validated my point.... I'll email marketing to see if they could combine everything to a Skiers Choice forum.... Beat Taco, very mature response....

Not me! I am boat less!! Been getting my rear kicked at the cable park. Can I stay since I am boat less? Maybe I should find or start a boat less forum?

Joking of course. No one is wrong or right in this debate.

beat taco
08-07-2017, 01:00 AM
I get it, Supra people need an outlet.... But Supra boat owners should not feel entitled to post on the Moomba forum just because they are both made by skiers choice.... Sorry KW, I know you're rolling your eyes at me right now..... But fact is, they are different brands and this forum is most readily accessed or found from the Moomba boats home page... And I noticed that most that posted about my comment are Supra owners..... I'm not mad, just asking a question, and y'all validated my point.... I'll email marketing to see if they could combine everything to a Skiers Choice forum.... Beat Taco, very mature response....I'm dead serious, there is an ignore feature, feel free to use it. Every fix for my platform or ballast or carpet or gauge or trapped water or vapor lock was found in the archives on the Moomba forum, for my Supra. Sorry you have a problem with me being here, I've made a lot of friends here and don't plan on going anywhere. You're pretty new to be starting a thread of this nature imo.

KnoxMojo
08-07-2017, 01:13 AM
Yeah, sorry, I've only owned a wake boat for ten years, but please keep telling me how new I am to this world....I also said I was going to email them about combining both forums, but I guess you chose to read over that? I think they should be combined, just the same as Malibu Crew has theirs set up

beat taco
08-07-2017, 01:21 AM
Yeah, sorry, I've only owned a wake boat for ten years, but please keep telling me how new I am to this world....I also said I was going to email them about combining both forums, but I guess you chose to read over that? I think they should be combined, just the same as Malibu Crew has theirs set upYou're new here and the first post I quoted was you complaining that you don't get on here to see about Supra's. I gave you a simple solution. Good for you on your vast experience, let's be friends.

KnoxMojo
08-07-2017, 01:29 AM
Russell, I'll go to a cable park with you, or come on to Tennessee and we'll go ride everyday, I'll even set you up to go on a tour at Skiers Choice if you wanted..... Taco, I don't complain, I posed a question then added my opinion to the Moomba owners...I'll ride with you anytime buddy

beat taco
08-07-2017, 01:30 AM
Russell, I'll go to a cable park with you, or come on to Tennessee and we'll go ride everyday, I'll even set you up to go on a tour at Skiers Choice if you wanted..... Taco, I don't complain, I posed a question then added my opinion to the Moomba owners...I'll ride with you anytime buddyFair enough, good to hear!

BrettLee3232
08-07-2017, 03:02 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170807/10410a7580f49af34311a5080c5737c0.jpg

sivs1
08-07-2017, 10:22 AM
So as a Supra owner and a Previous Moomba owner are you suggesting I can't post on the Moomba Forum?

I am a member on other boat forums as well even though I am not an owner, so should I not be allowed to post there?

The forums are a great resource and if the responses to the topics are beneficial and relevant then why should a Supra owner not post here?

sandm
08-07-2017, 10:36 AM
don't worry Knox about posting supra stuff on here. it's the way the forums have always been. considering the amount of time it took to get things added and changed to the moomba forums, there's no way they are ever going to combine them. heck it took forever to get the off topic and audio/electrical sections added...

and fwiw, I consider myself one of the OG's of this forum, haven't ever owned a moomba, and did join based on the 2 boats similarities back in the day.

13mobiusLSV
08-07-2017, 11:21 AM
The Moomba owners are going to build a wall to block the Supra owners!!

And the Supra owners? The Supra owners are going to pay for it!!

I actually enjoy seeing all the Supra pics/discussions. As someone who grew up on I/Os I lurk a lot to educate myself anything and everything. Especially as we will be in the market to upgrade in the near future. Cutting off another manufacturer who is part of the family is dismissing valuable info for no good reason whatsoever.

My .02

dakota4ce
08-07-2017, 12:04 PM
I am currently trying to sell my new Supra and get into a Moomba so I can utilize this forum properly.

Prospersigman
08-07-2017, 12:13 PM
Looking to trade 2017 Supra SA for used Moomba Mojo or Craz, prefer 2016 or 2017, but will be willing to look at older boats if necessary so I can post on the Moomba boats forum...PM me with offers :rolleyes:

KnoxMojo
08-07-2017, 12:25 PM
Yup, you Supra guys so funny, lol

trayson
08-07-2017, 12:51 PM
The Supra forum is extremely weak on the newer boats. Also, keep in mind most Supra owners on here had a moomba and therefore have relationships on here.

Asking Supra owners to leave is not an option imo. Combining would be a good solution.

And some Supra owners sold their supra to get into a Moomba! like me. In fact, because I was a supra owner and posted regularly on the Moomba forum, I made a connection with the guy that ultimately sold me my Moomba XLV.

The fact is that they are made by the same company made by the same people. They share TONS of the same technology.

The whole purpose of these forums is to knowledge through sharing. We share our problems, solutions, upgrades, and passion. There have been times when I've had a problem with my 340 CAT ETX engine and the solution came from a Supra owner that has my identical engine. There's times when a Supra owner had problems with their Gravity 3 ballast system and my boat had the exact same Rule pump, orbit sprinkler valves and so on. I've talked to Supra owners about the 1180 gravity games bag that fits in the playpen bow that we both share. The list goes on.

Looking to trade 2017 Supra SA for used Moomba Mojo or Craz, prefer 2016 or 2017, but will be willing to look at older boats if necessary so I can post on the Moomba boats forum...PM me with offers :rolleyes:

I'll trade you my XLV straight across. Comes with tons of LED's and some badass Wetsounds REV410s. And of course, you get to post and post and post Moomba content!

russellsmojo
08-07-2017, 03:10 PM

There is a nice mojo available in lewisville. Blue I think.

russellsmojo
08-07-2017, 03:12 PM
What do you guys think about this Supra? Good deal?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170807/915bedc73c302794971ddf2778e1e2ad.png

Prospersigman
08-07-2017, 03:59 PM
Russell, this is a Moomba forum please refrain from posting anything Supra on this forum...

Okay, enough giving Knox a hard time now.

sandm
08-07-2017, 04:18 PM
http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/ca/ca96eb391c0524e3be6d6c1c5ec127d8ea59206b437e2d031f d67ac5286d565f.jpg

KnoxMojo
08-07-2017, 04:23 PM
I don't take anything personally on a forum, lol....give me a hard time all you want as long as y'all are having fun....

smorris7
08-07-2017, 04:57 PM

I appreciate your opinion but coming from a Moomba Mojo myself to a Supra SE I won't be going anywhere. This is one of the best forums out there. Maybe WakeWorld is more suited for you... plenty of complaining going on over there.

stevemarich
08-07-2017, 04:59 PM

strait trade for 17 craz I will even deliver it to you, its a good deal you should take it , one time offer, it has auto wake , that should seal the deal.:cool:

KnoxMojo
08-07-2017, 05:03 PM
^And then this guy went personal.....

yearround
08-07-2017, 06:17 PM
I have a moomba. I visit the moomba forum to enjoy others of similar interest. I appreciate those who contribute productively to the forum to help keep this the great forum that it has been for as long as it has been. Should it be restricted to moomba? well it is a moomba forum, i would think that you do not need to own a moomba, but the topic of discussion would likely be about moomba.

beat taco
08-07-2017, 07:46 PM
Not sure what membership looks like but with all the great boats Skiers Choice has out lately I'd imagine the forum is growing steadily with owners of both brands.

Also thanks to the OG guys who've made this the dominant forum for Skier's Choice wake boats. Those of us who've been here a while have recruited a lot of Supra owners who couldn't find much life over on the Supra forum looking to gain knowledge about their new boats.

It's the knowledge of a lot of these OG guys on ballast, stereo, batteries, setups, must have mods, ect. that brought us here and the overwhelming support from the community, including those within the skiers choice company, that make this one of the best boating forums on the web.

While posting about your new boat that's not a skiers choice brand has always been frowned upon here, and WILL get deleted, the vibe has always been all those within the Skier's Choice family, wether past present or future, are welcome.

This is a unique forum that has a lot of things you will not find on any other forum, like the presence of a very involved CEO who stays in touch with his customers, and a place where I'm happy to have made some life long friends and been treated like family.

KnoxMojo
08-07-2017, 10:15 PM
Very well said...thank you for a great response.

sandm
08-08-2017, 02:20 AM
beat said it.
my first boat was a supra and found my way here after realizing the supra forums are all about rebuilding old classics. great that they have a forum for ideas..
my last boat was not a skiers product but still feel that this forum is a "family" and have met some great peeps on here. hope to meet a few more...

my garage is currently empty and as the shopping starts again someday I hope that a skiers product will fit the bill to once again be part of this great family..

98outback
08-08-2017, 09:05 AM
I started out with a moomba and then a Supra and now back in a moomba. The Supras are nice but with as many hobbies as we have I didn't see paying the Supra price.