PDA

View Full Version : Craz factory panel savers nice, the track they ride is horrible

jimmygjr
08-05-2017, 10:55 PM
I know a lot of you are using panel savers. My 17 craz was one of the last ones before the 18s. They have incorporated their own version in the newer boats. Good deal. I looked in today to see the whole bottom of the panel shifted over. Now the problem is the channel the panels sit in. Cheap plastic and it flexes and pulls right off of the screws. . Cheap fix is to pull the screws and put washers in. However I will be replacing with aluminum channel. Very surprised they use such a cheap piece of plastic channel with so much ballast weight leaning against those panels. Also their panel savers are nice. They should have put them on the front panels too. Might want to check yours if you have the same style.

JoelFett
08-06-2017, 12:46 AM
My 2015 came with those plastic ones. Quick trip to lowes fixed that with 1/2 inch aluminum u-bar thingies.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
08-06-2017, 05:54 PM
I know a lot of you are using panel savers. My 17 craz was one of the last ones before the 18s. They have incorporated their own version in the newer boats. Good deal. I looked in today to see the whole bottom of the panel shifted over. Now the problem is the channel the panels sit in. Cheap plastic and it flexes and pulls right off of the screws. . Cheap fix is to pull the screws and put washers in. However I will be replacing with aluminum channel. Very surprised they use such a cheap piece of plastic channel with so much ballast weight leaning against those panels. Also their panel savers are nice. They should have put them on the front panels too. Might want to check yours if you have the same style.

Plastic . . . . yikes. Aluminum will get you fixed up. I could see using plastic on a boat SC is trying to keep the price down.

Are the new Supras like that? I would assume they have something better on a 100K+ boat.