PDA

View Full Version : Victoria Wakesurf skim

KnoxMojo
08-04-2017, 07:05 AM
Does anyone out there have experience riding any of the Victoria skim boards? I am a fairly decent recreational rider, can easily ride without the rope on any wave and board that has enough push. But my new Victoria board is kicking my a$$!!!! It wants to ride sideways all the time and I can't get it to just cruise for anything. I have rode many skim boards with no issue, but this thing is almost like an ocean skim. The only review I've been able to find said if your wave is / then your board will want to go \ unless you really work it...if that makes sense. I finally got it to perform decent last night, but am wondering if I need a longer straighter wave to actually enjoy the board. Thanks guys and gals

Stazi
08-04-2017, 08:40 AM
Skim waves are usually a lot flatter than waves for surf style boards, for that reason.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kaneboats
08-04-2017, 11:02 AM
What fin are you running. For a larger wake you may want to switch to a larger one. My daughters ride a Victoria board and love it-- won't ride anything else anymore.

5:00
08-04-2017, 11:06 AM
I don't have that board but when you are riding a flat bottom skim that is what they want to do. Small fins make it even more difficult. You need to edge in toward the wave more. Toes down and edge into the wave. It may help to change your feet position for a bit and get them closer to the wave edge of the board getting your weight over some. Same with snow boards. If you aren't on an edge it is just going to spin and slide. As long as the board is the right size for you I am sure you will get it to work.

KnoxMojo
08-04-2017, 02:00 PM
Thanks guys, I have a Phase 5 oogle that is a skim, we ride a broadcast, TC Custom and a few other skims. I am used to the skim ride, but I can ride all of them straight....this thing wants to ride left on a right wave and right on a left wave. Watching videos of folks on a Victoria, it seems to be a common theme.

jmvotto
08-04-2017, 04:31 PM
Thanks guys, I have a Phase 5 oogle that is a skim, we ride a broadcast, TC Custom and a few other skims. I am used to the skim ride, but I can ride all of them straight....this thing wants to ride left on a right wave and right on a left wave. Watching videos of folks on a Victoria, it seems to be a common theme.

that board is fun, but yes squirrely check the review at the SSF website

KnoxMojo
08-04-2017, 05:08 PM
that board is fun, but yes squirrely check the review at the SSF website

What is the website you speak of? I am not familiar with it. Thank you.... It is a different ride, that's for sure!!!

KG's Supra24
08-04-2017, 11:10 PM
What is the website you speak of? I am not familiar with it. Thank you.... It is a different ride, that's for sure!!!http://southernsurfest.com

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

jmvotto
08-05-2017, 07:11 AM
http://southernsurfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Screen-Shot-2017-06-12-at-3.51.40-PM.png