PDA

View Full Version : Great people on this forum (996Scott)

psycho-heico
07-29-2017, 11:29 AM
I have been a firefighter for 15 years and Medic for 20, one thing we have in the firehalls is camaraderie, this site is so similar...everyone helping solve problems and offering advice/help or comments ... I want to shout out a special thanks to 996Scott, who helped me out with a Speaker sock ... keep up the great team help here and I hope to help contribute some day as well... HAPPY MOOMBA BOATING EVERYONE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaneboats
07-31-2017, 09:25 AM
You hit the nail on the head. We have lurkers here from many other brands as well because they can get so much useful info. Good community spirit around here. Hats off to all you dogs!

russellsmojo
07-31-2017, 09:58 AM
You hit the nail on the head. We have lurkers here from many other brands as well because they can get so much useful info. Good community spirit around here. Hats off to all you dogs!

Or the lurkers wish they had a moomba/Supra but they have to play the hand dealt.

zabooda
07-31-2017, 11:30 AM
I have to agree. Nothing has really changed since I joined in 2002 except people come and people leave but the interactions are about the same. A few things that could improve the interfacing is for people to put their boat information and their general location where they live. So when someone talks about their boat problem or their weather it actually has some meaning.

Also, asking for help is not a one way street. Most of us who provide help would like to know what fixed the problem. At work, I use think tanks quite often and I can get to the solution quickly with a high probability of success but at a high cost. The forum is the same thing but for free with only the simple request to provide the forum feedback to complete the loop and put that information into our own personal database in case we need it ourselves. Each question asked and with the number of members providing support is at least $1,000 of support in the working world so keep that in mind.

Woody929
07-31-2017, 12:53 PM
Occasionally, you'll make a friend on here that will even help you dive down in 15' of water in search of your car keys that you lost when your wife hit reverse really hard & threw you into the water as you were jumping to the dock.

And then pull your boat out of the water with their truck, and drive you to meet another friend for the spare set of keys

(run on sentence over).
[emoji848]

russellsmojo
07-31-2017, 01:00 PM
Occasionally, you'll make a friend on here that will even help you dive down in 15' of water in search of your car keys that you lost when your wife hit reverse really hard & threw you into the water as you were jumping to the dock.

And then pull your boat out of the water with their truck, and drive you to meet another friend for the spare set of keys

(run on sentence over).
[emoji848]

That story would have been so much better if we found your keys!! Found some cool shit in the bottom of the lake and you now own some cool magnets.

It made the weekend memorable!!

Cody
07-31-2017, 01:20 PM

(run on sentence over).
[emoji848]

Have we heard this story before? Might need to bring this up this weekend with some cold beverages.

russellsmojo
07-31-2017, 05:33 PM
Have we heard this story before? Might need to bring this up this weekend with some cold beverages.

Hey Cody! Dare you to ask Jill about losing keys because she hit reverse and through Matt in the water![emoji23][emoji15][emoji897]

markthered
07-31-2017, 06:21 PM
Oh man, my wife hates pulling up near the dock as is. If that happened, she'd say *&#* it and refuse to dock ever again! And then if I brought it up later, well, move over dog...

996scott
07-31-2017, 08:13 PM
i have received sooooo much more help and info from this forum than i could ever dream of giving back. This really is a great forum with a lot of great people. Thanks to everyone!!!!

KG's Supra24
07-31-2017, 10:42 PM
I met my best bud here :)

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

kaneboats
08-02-2017, 01:01 AM
Yes, an enduring bromance for sure. Very happy for you two.

IndyMobius
08-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Just want to say...you guys and this forum rock. Day 3 of Moomba ownership, wrote the check for my 2004 Mobius XLV Monday. I stalked these boards beforehand to do my research (super helpful), then:
Day 1 - Buy boat, created username/profile on here
Day 2 - Take day off work to clean boat thoroughly, open the engine compartment up to hear sound of trickling water, see water coming around prop shaft, freak out that new-to-me boat is taking on water at a somewhat alarming rate. Then, read these incredibly helpful threads and after 5 minutes of tightening the nut around the packing have a reasonable rate of dripping (will fully replace this winter).
Day 3 - Express my gratitude...what turned out to be a simple fix almost ruined my new boat experience!

Anyways, just wanted to give my thanks, say keep up the good community, and welcome myself :)

Prospersigman
08-02-2017, 01:59 PM

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Awwwweeee!!

996scott
08-02-2017, 02:37 PM
Welcome to the Moomba family IndyMobius, we need to see pictures of the boat or it never happened:)

wolfeman131
08-02-2017, 02:44 PM

so sweet . . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVt8kUAm9Q

stillski
08-02-2017, 02:47 PM
Remember the pre-internet days when we had to figure out EVERYTHING ourselves? I've worked on things I wouldn't have even been able to find on my new to me boat thanks to the forum and it's contributors. Thanks to all.

Cody
08-02-2017, 03:09 PM
Met a lot of good people here, and even one of my best friends - David Langston. Was even co-best man in his wedding... not that good enough of a guy to get the #1 spot.

trayson
08-02-2017, 03:54 PM
I joined this forum even though I'd bought a Supra. In my time here, I met some cool people, modified a ton of things and have gave/received plenty of help with issues.

After I'd owned my Supra for the 2nd season I got a message from a Forum member that I'd chatted with a handful of times. He gave me first option on his XLV... I sold my Sunsport in 3 days and moved ahead with the purchase of a boat I'd dreamed about. After I said I would buy it, he got a local offer from a lady that thought she could get anything she wanted for the right amount of money. He was offered $5k over the price he and I had agreed on, and held fast and sold it to me when he could have EASILY burned me and pocketed an extra $5k. That's the type of people we have here.

kaneboats
08-02-2017, 03:56 PM
I have to admit. I would have taken the money.

996scott
08-02-2017, 05:07 PM
:) that would be tempting for sure!

trayson
08-02-2017, 05:13 PM
I have to admit. I would have taken the money.

I'm sure you would have.

:) that would be tempting for sure!

Well, it was definitely a testament to the fact that the seller had integrity and wasn't going to let a woman with deep pockets gat away with the idea that she could do anything she wants because she had money.

I'm pretty damn grateful that he honored his deal with me. It says a lot.

IndyMobius
08-03-2017, 10:23 AM
Not the greatest pics, just some random snaps form my phone...but, it happened...:) Not sure why some are upside down either.

And for some reason, even though it says I have the pic in my signature and profile, it's not showing up.

IndyMobius
08-03-2017, 10:27 AM
I joined this forum even though I'd bought a Supra. In my time here, I met some cool people, modified a ton of things and have gave/received plenty of help with issues.

After I'd owned my Supra for the 2nd season I got a message from a Forum member that I'd chatted with a handful of times. He gave me first option on his XLV... I sold my Sunsport in 3 days and moved ahead with the purchase of a boat I'd dreamed about. After I said I would buy it, he got a local offer from a lady that thought she could get anything she wanted for the right amount of money. He was offered $5k over the price he and I had agreed on, and held fast and sold it to me when he could have EASILY burned me and pocketed an extra $5k. That's the type of people we have here.

A very similar thing just happened to me as well this week...had a verbal deal with the seller, another buyer offered about $3k over what we had agreed on, and he stuck with me. Nice to know there are still some honorable sellers out there!