PDA

View Full Version : How to get my Exile to swivel...

Sampp1963
07-27-2017, 02:26 PM
Hi,

So I want to install my Exile SXT65 on my Mondo tower. Unfortunatly, I don't have the swivel mounting clamp. Do you know if it is possible to change the clamp ? Or maybe I could remove the front grid, remove speaker and than rotate the connector show on the picture ?26008

I also e-mail to Exile....no answer yet, after 3-4 days.......... I see a lot of post referring to Brian from Exile...anyone has his e-mail adress ?

Thanks

kaneboats
07-27-2017, 03:38 PM
I PM'ed it to you.

smorris7
07-27-2017, 04:08 PM
I didn't realize they even made a clamp that does not rotate...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KnoxMojo
07-27-2017, 08:32 PM
Do you have a picture of the speaker without the arrow? Mine have a large thumb screw that connects the speaker to the mount....or are these fixed to the mount? If so, they are fairly old before Exile and Samson teamed up.

kaneboats
07-28-2017, 10:47 AM
I think with the SXT65 you had the option for fixed or swivel. Mine are fixed as I have never had a reason to swivel them (I just turn the whole boat around if I want music going the other way.) I don't know if you can upgrade them after the fact but Brian can answer that.

Sampp1963
07-28-2017, 10:53 AM
Do you have a picture of the speaker without the arrow? Mine have a large thumb screw that connects the speaker to the mount....or are these fixed to the mount? If so, they are fairly old before Exile and Samson teamed up.

Here's some pics....

Sampp1963
07-28-2017, 10:57 AM
I think with the SXT65 you had the option for fixed or swivel. Mine are fixed as I have never had a reason to swivel them (I just turn the whole boat around if I want music going the other way.) I don't know if you can upgrade them after the fact but Brian can answer that.

No upgrade possible as told by Brian
I would need to swivel the speaker so the would be level.....I will take some pics today and show you what I mean...

KnoxMojo
07-28-2017, 11:13 AM
Oh bummer! I see what you're talking about....upgrade time? The main reason I bought mine were the swivel and quick release option.

Sampp1963
08-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Just bought the speakers during boat show weekend last winter....the saleperson told me it was easy to do some mod and make them swivel..... I guess he fooled me!!

See on this pic, if the speaker is to much to the level, it's not facing straight and not looking good....

KnoxMojo
08-02-2017, 05:37 PM
They may have been brand new, but those were old stock, hope you got a great deal on them at least. I'd track that guy down for a word and selling something under false pretense

moombadaze
08-03-2017, 08:07 AM
i made that conversion from fixed to swivel on my 2008 LSV, think i may be one of two people that Brian let do that, wasnt easy but was doable. I would be very surprised if he had the hardware available anymore as im sure the newer speakers have different hardware

mmandley
08-03-2017, 10:37 AM
Hi,

So I want to install my Exile SXT65 on my Mondo tower. Unfortunatly, I don't have the swivel mounting clamp. Do you know if it is possible to change the clamp ? Or maybe I could remove the front grid, remove speaker and than rotate the connector show on the picture ?26008

I also e-mail to Exile....no answer yet, after 3-4 days.......... I see a lot of post referring to Brian from Exile...anyone has his e-mail adress ?

Thanks

I will try and pull some Exile strings for you.

You will need to wait until Oct as I can't work any deals during summer.

I can see if I can get you trade upgrade at that point.
Hit me up around then I'll see what I can do for you

Sampp1963
08-04-2017, 09:01 AM
i made that conversion from fixed to swivel on my 2008 LSV, think i may be one of two people that Brian let do that, wasnt easy but was doable. I would be very surprised if he had the hardware available anymore as im sure the newer speakers have different hardware

Brian e-mail me and told me i would have to install them "just like that".... So I guess no mod possible.

Sampp1963
08-04-2017, 09:04 AM
I will try and pull some Exile strings for you.

You will need to wait until Oct as I can't work any deals during summer.

I can see if I can get you trade upgrade at that point.
Hit me up around then I'll see what I can do for you

Nice....in the mean time, I will try to reach the store that sold me the speakers and see what they can do. I tried to email them, no answer yet. It's construction vacation uphere, so to store might be close now. I will try to call him on Monday.

Sampp1963
08-07-2017, 07:25 PM
I was able to reach the store today (which is 2 hours away from my home). He's ready to take back the speakers if he can find new exile with the swivel clamp. Unfortunately, exile has no more dealer in Canada. So might be expensive to get new one.
In the mean time, I went to see a audio store near my house. They told me that they could do mod to the clamp so the speakers would be "straight" and level.....not swivel, but at least it would look good.