PDA

View Full Version : 07 Product LInes

gcombe74
08-21-2006, 01:07 PM
So I have looked at many a post only to see once I think about someone saying the product lines seemed blurred on the 07's??

Guess that is my take. I can see it 2 fold though. Most people dont have a clue what a mobius is... at least at my local lakes, so yes from a marketing standpoint I can see the change of the large letters on the side... but what I dont like is that you cannot tell the difference between an outback and a mobius... not without some inspection.

So why not add mobious or outback at the aft of the boat to signify the model and make? I mean what if every BMW just said BMW, or lexus said lexus? I think there is a reason that you clearly signify what model you own... and thats easy... you pay for a specific thing!

If moomba wants to charge the same since its reads it, JUST LARGE MOOMBA LETTERS... I am great with that too!

Smrtz
08-21-2006, 01:15 PM
I was actually told when I got my boat that you could get the moomba in some lines, get the optional add ons and it would be exactly the same as the mobius without the decal...

gcombe74
08-21-2006, 01:20 PM
I dont mind the decal... I am just saying... market moomba all you want... but you need to add the mobius name to it somewhere... or outback... look at the back of every car... you know its a ford.. or chevy... but it also says what make of ford or chev that it is!

mvd
08-21-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by gcombe74

So I have looked at many a post only to see once I think about someone saying the product lines seemed blurred on the 07's??

Guess that is my take. I can see it 2 fold though. Most people dont have a clue what a mobius is... at least at my local lakes, so yes from a marketing standpoint I can see the change of the large letters on the side... but what I dont like is that you cannot tell the difference between an outback and a mobius... not without some inspection.

So why not add mobious or outback at the aft of the boat to signify the model and make? I mean what if every BMW just said BMW, or lexus said lexus? I think there is a reason that you clearly signify what model you own... and thats easy... you pay for a specific thing!

If moomba wants to charge the same since its reads it, JUST LARGE MOOMBA LETTERS... I am great with that too!

So what is the differents between the new mobius and outback?? I don't have a clue?

gcombe74
08-21-2006, 02:55 PM
your joking right? What is the difference between an old mobius and outback?

Smrtz
08-21-2006, 03:45 PM
No I see what he is saying... If you see a mobius, there is nothing on the boat that says this is made by moomba and its the mobius..

It makes sense... I dont know the answer to why they dont put Mobius...by Moomba somewhere on it... waybe they do and you just cant see it from the pics he is looking at..

gcombe74
08-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Exactly...

i am just saying if you pay all the extra money for a Mobius, verses buying an outback, you kind of want it to say what model you have. Dont get me wrong I dont have any preference. and I am not knocking outbacks.

I can see why SC went to just putting Moomba on the side, brand recognition ext...

But what I dont like is that fact it does not say what model of moomba it is.... like mobius or outback. it might say LSV, but an LSV of what product line? Moomba? LOL

Smrtz
08-21-2006, 04:05 PM
Stuff like this is good feedback. the guys at SC come to the forums and Im sure they take the info and feedback ino consideration!

Good call

Cheers

TN_Boarder
08-21-2006, 04:19 PM
Do you think its possbile that SC is going to give buyers the choice of what logo they want? If you notice the '07 pics, pretty much every boat displayed has a different logo. There is one Mobius (the LS, I think) that does have a Mobius logo. Maybe SC was just attempting to show as many of the logos as possible for the number of boats they display in the specs. Just a guess, but I know other manufactures (ie. Tige) offers this option. Provides a little more customization for the money spenders (that'd be us)!!

gcombe74
08-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Hey if its a choice I am great with it... But just not getting that warm fuzzy on the topic. Hell I would put Moomba on the side if it was my company... but I would also put on the back that it was an outback or mobius for show!

cheers.

gcombe74
08-21-2006, 05:39 PM
side.... guess you need to read it closer. what does an 06 say on the side? how about an 05 or 04?

Now go look at all the 07's on the preview!

gotmyboat
08-21-2006, 06:59 PM
Ed -

What he's saying is that in the '07 preview pics on www.moomba.com, the only Mobius that has a Mobius decal is the LS. The LSV and XLV GG show the swirl Moomba logo and the XLV shows the larger plain Moomba logo. I am not sure if those photos are indicative of the badging of the actual production boats, or if these where just different graphics choices that they were considering.

I have an '05, so it doesn't much matter to me.

Dave

JoeTechie
08-21-2006, 07:00 PM
Ed - Compare This (http://www.moomba.com/compare.html) to This (http://www.moomba.com/07/index.html)

Note the MOBIUS LSV. In 06, it has the MOBIUS side logo, in 07 - it has the MOOMBA logo. If you are going to have 2 lines of boats that are very close, why not keep them sperate looking. The Base Outback is a skiboat, the Outback-V is an all around boat, however the LS and LSV have the two seperate lines - Outback and Mobius. Since the only things that are different are that one comes standard with a tower, ballast and wakeboard prop (EVERYTHING else is the same), then one would think it makes sense to make them look different. Or just not have the two names. BTW - you CAN make an Outback a Mobius, but it costs $250 more in add-ons.. so just downright silly.

I was the one who noted this "blurring" in another thread and it was brought back up again here. I think that it makes sense to have two lines. Supra "Launch" is for wakeboarders, the "SunSport" is for cruisers. Malibu "Wakesetter" is for boarders, the "SunScape" is for cruisers. See.

It was even stranger that they used the old Moomba logo vs the new one.

Just odd.

Hope this clarifies.

-Joe

gotmyboat
08-21-2006, 07:37 PM
I looked back at the photos that you posted from the dealers meeting, and they are just like the preview illustrations. The XLV GG has the swirl Moomba logo, the XLV has the block logo with the flames on bow. The Outback says Outback on the sides at the rear. The Outback V is under the window like on the '06. Very little consistency this year. I guess we're just picking nits.

Dave

gcombe74
08-21-2006, 09:35 PM
hey now... my drawers are clean as can be.. I just want it noted that my feed back was to keep the product lines clear, and easily clear... other then that. I love the new look and changes!!

Feedback that is what makes anything better?

mvd
08-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Still nobody told me the differents in specs between teh mobius LSV and the Outback lsv 2007 models.
If i see the preview, the specs are the same, the looks are almost the same, so what is different between these models?? Price?

Why should i buy a Mobius if an outback is exactly the same?

?????????????????

Smrtz
08-22-2006, 10:57 AM
MVD,

The boats are, the same ...the differences are in the accessory packages that you get with them usually. Until the literature comes out for the 07s I dont think anyone can clarify this for you. Maybe give the closest dealer to you a call and ask them to explain the difference in the 06 for you... Maybe that will answer your question

mvd
08-22-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Smrtz

MVD,

The boats are, the same ...the differences are in the accessory packages that you get with them usually. Until the literature comes out for the 07s I dont think anyone can clarify this for you. Maybe give the closest dealer to you a call and ask them to explain the difference in the 06 for you... Maybe that will answer your question

Ok thanks.

For me it sounds very strange that you can buy an new 2007 model but can't find any specs on the website? The preview is not detailed. I assume that as the product was launched the website would be ready at the same time?If you live abroad and have 1 dealer in a country with 16.000.000 people and 1 dealer in the neighbour country with 82.000.000 (germany) you want to do some research before you going to negotiate about options and prices.

Negotiation is even almost impossible because those 2 importers (dealers) have an cooporation contract. So real negotiating is out of the question. Also because there should be a price differents because the taxes are not the same (19% - 16%)
I am not trying to offend anyone, i appreciated this forum and the answers from enthousiastic moomba owners and SC employes.

Smrtz
08-22-2006, 12:01 PM
Uh when Gm or Ford... or any auto company for that matter release a car at the auto show it doesnt mean that you can go out to a dealership and purchase the car that day... It doesnt mean their website is totally loaded with all the specs...etc...
That happens between the reelase date and the date when the cars are actually available.

You can order the car but the actual configurations may not eb available until full production is in place.

This isnt a new way to do things.

just my 2cents!

TN_Boarder
08-22-2006, 03:11 PM
Smrtz is absolutely correct. SC is really ahead of the game by releasing what they have at this point. Keep in mind its only a preview. The big kick off (so to speak) of new model purchases happens between November and Febuary. That's when most of the boat shows occur. Keep in mind this is the '07 model year that you're wanting all specs on and it is just August of '06. I know you're eager, but what does ordering an '07 now really get you as opposed to ordering it closer to the end of this year or first of next year other than you having to pay for a few more monthes of storage?

JoeTechie
08-22-2006, 07:19 PM
MVD - Quoting myself in this thread:

however the LS and LSV have the two seperate lines - Outback and Mobius. Since the only things that are different are that one comes standard with a tower, ballast and wakeboard prop (EVERYTHING else is the same), then one would think it makes sense to make them look different. Or just not have the two names. BTW - you CAN make an Outback a Mobius, but it costs $250 more in add-ons.. so just downright silly.

Here is your equation:

Mobius LSV = Outback LSV + Tower + Gravity I Ballast + Wakeboard Prop - $200.

That make it clearer ?

Hope this helps,

-Joe

mvd
08-23-2006, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by TN_Boarder

Smrtz is absolutely correct. SC is really ahead of the game by releasing what they have at this point. Keep in mind its only a preview. The big kick off (so to speak) of new model purchases happens between November and Febuary. That's when most of the boat shows occur. Keep in mind this is the '07 model year that you're wanting all specs on and it is just August of '06. I know you're eager, but what does ordering an '07 now really get you as opposed to ordering it closer to the end of this year or first of next year other than you having to pay for a few more monthes of storage?

Guys,

I live in Europe, I have to order 5-6 months in advance. So if i want my boat here when the sun starts shining i have to place my order around oktober 2006. Thats why i am a litlle eager. ;)

Every new boat that is ordered now (not models in stock) is already an 2007 model. Thats what SC told me. But how can i order a boat if i don't know specs, options, prices etc?

mvd
08-23-2006, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by JoeTechie
Here is your equation:

Mobius LSV = Outback LSV + Tower + Gravity I Ballast + Wakeboard Prop - $200.

That make it clearer ?

Hope this helps,

-Joe

That makes clear, thanks,

So the preview pictures from the outback LSV is with these options. Now it look as if its standard equipment. Thats why i got confused.

JoeTechie
08-23-2006, 09:31 AM
So the preview pictures from the outback LSV is with these options. Now it look as if its standard equipment. Thats why i got confused.

Thus the reason for this thread.

;)

-J