PDA

View Full Version : Engine Stopped Full throttle??

flienlow
07-25-2017, 12:23 PM
Yesterday we were out pulling the kids on the tube. They like to go fast, and I was going fully throttle. The boat sputtered 1/2 second and then instantly died. This is about the 3rd time it has done this over my 2 year ownership. I turned the key off "rebooted" and it started and ran like a champ the rest of the day.

Any ideas on what may cause this?

sivs1
07-25-2017, 12:36 PM
stop pulling tubes!

have you changed your fuel filter recently? full throttle may cause something to get clogged and then it clears out after the restart.

flienlow
07-25-2017, 12:49 PM
stop pulling tubes!

Blasphemy! in the eyes of the kids. And trust me, I am kicking myself for ever buying that gas guzzling towable. :D

Fuel filter is a great idea, thanks. I do wonder if it is not electronic though?

Crane man
07-25-2017, 03:21 PM
I was having the same problem. Found out the driver seat was hitting the kill switch. Only with tubes because when turning I am constantly swiveling in the seat.

JoelFett
07-25-2017, 03:45 PM
^^^ That. My calf hits mine when I'm twisting around a lot driving. Doesn't take much to kill the boat with that tiny little red button.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Mobius22
07-25-2017, 03:50 PM
You may have bumped your kill switch

flienlow
07-25-2017, 04:57 PM
You may have bumped your kill switch

DUH! I think think you guys are right on track. I bet that is exactly what it was.

Thanks all!

996scott
07-25-2017, 08:43 PM
that's exactly what mine did a few times. dealer said it was the kill switch getting pinched when i made a hard turn and the seat turned a little bit and would hit the switch. I bypassed the switch since they are worthless in my opinion. Still can't figure out why they even have them.

csm
07-25-2017, 09:48 PM
Yep, this happened to me several times while docking. As I turn my chair to the right to reach out for the dock, the engine dies... Took me forever to figure out it was the kill switch that my knee was hitting. Since I raised my seat with a new pedestal, it hasn't happened again.

flienlow
07-26-2017, 09:55 AM
Yep, this happened to me several times while docking. As I turn my chair to the right to reach out for the dock, the engine dies... Took me forever to figure out it was the kill switch that my knee was hitting. Since I raised my seat with a new pedestal, it hasn't happened again.

Confirmed. The little Varmints wanted me to drag them around the lake again. The lake narrows so I need to make a tight turn and I hit the kill switch with my Knee.

zabooda
07-26-2017, 02:25 PM
If you're not wearing the lanyard, then the switch serves no purpose. Jumper it. It's a failure point imposed by regulations.