PDA

View Full Version : phase 5 model X

mlusk904
07-24-2017, 12:49 PM
I have a Phase 5 Model X but it is almost to stable for me, I cant seem to get it to break loose. I am a big guy (6ft 260lbs) and can go rope less behind my stock helix but when I try to do spins the fins just grab. I have tried to remove the center fin and that seemed to help it loosen the board up a bit. Any ideas on fins to try? or can anyone else spin a stock model X because it could 100% just be my boarding skills?

wolfeman131
07-24-2017, 01:16 PM
I have a Phase 5 Model X but it is almost to stable for me, I cant seem to get it to break loose. I am a big guy (6ft 260lbs) and can go rope less behind my stock helix but when I try to do spins the fins just grab. I have tried to remove the center fin and that seemed to help it loosen the board up a bit. Any ideas on fins to try? or can anyone else spin a stock model X because it could 100% just be my boarding skills?

You can pull the (2) outside fins and then only need to break the center, but it's more your technique than the fins/board. Practice lip slides with the rope until you get the feel for breaking the fins.

mlusk904
07-25-2017, 08:08 AM
Thanks I will give it a try.

snyderaaron
07-25-2017, 09:31 AM
You can remove the two outer fins as mentioned above. You can also get a smaller middle fin. I've been thinking about getting the model x for my beginners on board. How do you think they would handle it?

kaneboats
07-25-2017, 11:14 AM
It's a hybrid so probably a good boat board. Depending on fin setup it can be very stable or kind of fun to ride. Not as fast as the Danielo Diamond but a nice board.