PDA

View Full Version : Ballast pump cuts out

jmf1125
07-17-2017, 10:51 PM
I am running a 2014 Mojo and the port aft ballast pump will cut off way before the ballast bag is full, yet the starboard bag will already be full. I have to turn the pump off and then back on multiple times to finally fill the bag. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

John

Ed_Geary
07-18-2017, 08:24 AM
Not sure if the 2014 pumps work the same as my 2009 did, but it sounds like you have to reboot and reprogram the timer of the pump.

Kennyk69
07-18-2017, 08:38 AM
Of the three ballast timers in my former Supra one was sensitive to low voltage (don't know why). If filling all three bags simultaneously I had to throttle up in neutral (producing more output from the alternator). If I didn't I had the same issue you describe.

moombahighrider
07-18-2017, 10:56 AM
I am running a 2014 Mojo and the port aft ballast pump will cut off way before the ballast bag is full, yet the starboard bag will already be full. I have to turn the pump off and then back on multiple times to finally fill the bag. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

John

On my 17 mojo, my dealer told me to fill the bags while the motor is running. I don't usually do that but I imagine they would fill faster

gregski
07-18-2017, 11:29 AM
On my 17 mojo, my dealer told me to fill the bags while the motor is running. I don't usually do that but I imagine they would fill faster
I would definitely recommend this, and on ours I have to have the motor running >1200 rpm (depends on how many pumps are running) to get the voltage to pick up. They will fill a bit faster, 12V vs 14V but more important to me is the electrical load. These pumps are running around 12A each, so when we are filling 3 that's 36A, which seems unnecessary to supply only by battery.

Mcdonas
05-20-2018, 09:51 AM
John I have 2014 Mojo also. Exact same problem. Did you get any solution?
Thanks
Russ