PDA

View Full Version : Bad Day on Lake Houston

rdlangston13
07-16-2017, 09:39 AM
So Cody and my wife and some friends took our boat out on Lake Houston yesterday. They got a couple surf sets in before someone we know from our local wake club called and notified them of bad weather moving into the area so they decided to pack it up and head in. They managed to get the boat loaded up on the trailer and packed up right before it started raining. By the time Heidi had got my son in the car and buckled in it was raining so hard she couldn't see to get out of the park so she sat in the parking lot to wait it out. While waiting she saw a malibu at the dock trying to load up. A man was driving the boat and what we assume was his wife was attempting to back the trailer down the ramp with little luck. Eventually the man tied up the boat to the dock to aide his wife. The rain must have cleared up good enough by this point for my wife to leave. Well today we found out that while tied up to the dock the 3-5' rollers come in off the lake were too much for the bu and she sank. Some other members from our local club aided them in the recovery effort of getting their swamped boat loaded back on the trailer. Apparently the guy has only had the boat for a week just to make it worse. Glad no one got hurt but a good reminder to keep an eye on the weather at all times when on the water!

zabooda
07-16-2017, 01:04 PM
I saw the weather cell on the news last night thinking it wasn't a good boating day for somebody. With the circular motion, it would be hard to wait it out. Glad you got off the water OK.

trayson
07-17-2017, 01:55 PM
we were supposed to be flying into IAH right at that time and our flight from DFW got cancelled and we were stuck overnight in DFW. I can understand that they wouldn't wanna fly into that storm, but it was super frustrating because they blow in and are gone so quick that they could have delayed us a few hours and still got us in. But it worked out because we got to go out with Scott still after we got in town and had a rad time on the water Sunday.

Cactus371
07-18-2017, 11:39 AM
A week ago there was a storm pop up on lake Houston and everybody was in a hurry to load their boats but nobody could get them out of the dock because the pavement was wet. It was sure entertaining watching. After watching for a minute or two had to tell them put their truck in first gear. We just waited it out for 15 minutes then the lake was all ours for the rest of the day. I have an app on my phone for lighting within 7 miles.

2017 Supra SA 400

Cactus371
07-18-2017, 11:44 AM
Langston where do y'all launch from when u go to lake Houston

2017 Supra SA 400

aerolland
07-18-2017, 01:20 PM
I have an app on my phone for lighting within 7 miles.

2017 Supra SA 400

That seems like a very useful app, mind sharing?

Woody929
07-18-2017, 01:48 PM
That seems like a very useful app, mind sharing?

I have one that does the same

Weather Radio by WDT by Weather Decision Technologies, Inc.
https://appsto.re/us/5eBPy.i

rdlangston13
07-18-2017, 11:13 PM
Langston where do y'all launch from when u go to lake Houston

2017 Supra SA 400

I have not been yet but Cody launches of Duesson park or whatever it is called.

Cactus371
07-18-2017, 11:29 PM
The weather channel app and its free

2017 Supra SA 400