PDA

View Full Version : Raptor engine vibration

PuraVida
07-12-2017, 08:42 AM
I have a 2016 mojo with the 6.2 raptor power plant. Last night after surfing I emptied ballast and started a slow 5 mph cruise home and noticed a metal clanging/ticking sound coming from the back of the engine. The linkage in the attached pic was vibrating and seemed to be causing the noise. The nut on https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170712/fcd9ea87aa7545c1d741394dd1cc8bc4.jpgthe stud in the upper left corner of the pic seemed loose and there was play in the entire linkage because of it. Can I just tighten the nut and be on my way or it there a bigger problem causing the issue? There was also wear on the back of the nut that seemed odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rdlangston13
07-12-2017, 03:08 PM
It seems that brackets sole purpose is to keep the water impeller housing from spinning with the impeller. I would imagine that tightening the the loose stud down should fix the issue. A little blue thread locker probably wouldn't hurt as well and may prevent it from backing off in the future,.

DOCDRS
07-12-2017, 06:24 PM
Is there a separation between the bracket and the impeller housing?

PuraVida
07-12-2017, 07:09 PM
Is there a separation between the bracket and the impeller housing?

Yes but I believe that is the way it is designed even with the bracket tight. Could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk