PDA

View Full Version : Sorting out the new to me boat stereo mess!

JamesEvans
07-06-2017, 03:07 PM
Whats in the boat:

Kenwood KMR-440U Headunit
WetSounds WS-420
JL M600/6
JL 700/5
6x Polk MM6501UM
Kicker L7
Kicker 6500.2 HLCD

Originally, the HLCD and sub were on the 600/6, and the Polks were on the 500/5. I have moved the Polks and sub to the 5 channel, and moved the HLCDs to the 6 channel. I have wired 1 horn and midbass in parallel and wired it to the amp in bridged.

I also set the input mode of the 5 channel amp to 6 channel, and put 2 Ys in at the amp for channels 1-4. I ran a separate dedicated RCA cable from the WS-420 to the sub input on the amp, as it didn't have one.

I set the Input mode of the 6 channel amp to 2 channel, and only have one RCA feeding it.

I should be getting 200w@4ohm to the HLCDs, and 75w@4ohm to the bow speakers, and 100w@2ohm (50w each speaker) to the speakers in the center. I will have to lower the gain at the amp for the bows so they don't overrun the centers. Under powering the sub at 300W. Will fix this later.

Polks- HP filter @ 80HZ
L7- LP Filter @ 80HZ
HLCDs- HP filter @135ish HZ

Should I make adjustments to any of the filters? I haven't had the opportunity to crank it, as I got everything sorted out at midnight last night, so

I am not sure what to expect as far as how it is going to sound now. Has to be better than before...
But should have much better power management as a whole, and headroom left on the 6 channel with 2 channels unused now.