PDA

View Full Version : photobucket changes and what'cha using to host?

sandm
07-05-2017, 01:21 PM
anyone else notice that all the links posted by photobucket are now broken unless you want to subscribe to their $399/yr hosting service?
kinda interesting to go from free to $400 in a fell swoop.. sure there will be a lot of fallout from that.

where are you all hosting photos other than facebook(as I'm facebook free).

guess I finally need to get that tapatalk app I paid for a year ago up and working.

5:00
07-05-2017, 01:24 PM
Following! There was a discussion about this almost a year ago when Photo Bucket was really unstable and the pop-up's were out of control. I guess I need to get on out of there. I think a lot of people are using Google Drive?

07-05-2017, 01:40 PM
I just posted a large pic a few minutes ago. Maybe they haven't hit my account yet? I need to get out of Photo Bucket anyway.

sandm
07-05-2017, 01:49 PM
I checked here and the gencoupe forums and all my links are dead. the gencoupe was posted a few weeks ago. you can still upload to your folders but try to [img] here and bet it'll show up dead.

time to check out something else but hoping others will chime in on what they are using.

sad thing are all the pics that people have posted across the interwebs on pb showing how to do/fix stuff that are now dead.
for a few $$/month they might have had more success but for the average forum user $399 is way too much to post some pics..

ian ashton
07-05-2017, 02:23 PM
I use Dropbox and love it

07-05-2017, 03:03 PM
I just added these to the bucket this morning. It sounds like others are having trouble as well though. Usually I am the first person to get screwed on something.:-D

No we were on lake Wateree in Camden. Very little boat traffic and 27 miles end to end. There was a bit of weather but it was smoother than any other time I have been there.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb280/sirzappa/IMG_6021.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb280/sirzappa/IMG_6020.jpg

trayson
07-05-2017, 06:12 PM
I use Dropbox and love it

That's a no go for me. Dropbox is blocked at my work for security reasons. When you post threads, I have to look at them on my phone or at home.

I've been trying IMGUR. I don't like how it makes you create a new album every time you upload however. Makes for an organizational nightmare.

I haven't been able to get google photos to easily show the direct links like Picasa did. So that hasn't been a win for me.

bergermaister
07-05-2017, 07:49 PM
Subscribed. I use dropbox for work and it wants to default to that. Could juggle accounts but looking for other ideas.

ian ashton
07-05-2017, 08:50 PM
It would be great if we could upload here and not have the quality degraded so badly

aerolland
07-05-2017, 08:54 PM
That's a no go for me. Dropbox is blocked at my work for security reasons. When you post threads, I have to look at them on my phone or at home.

I've been trying IMGUR. I don't like how it makes you create a new album every time you upload however. Makes for an organizational nightmare.

I haven't been able to get google photos to easily show the direct links like Picasa did. So that hasn't been a win for me.
Regarding Imgur, when I upload direct from my phone, I select "only me" then hit "post" without a subject. It dumps the pic(s) into my general gallery. I can then move them into albums later. So far I like Imgur, much faster than PB too. I would say this $$ move from PB will be their demise...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170706/e5c3f6da1960491e767a12a0454fd22e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

viking
07-05-2017, 10:46 PM
hardly ever get on Photobucket anymore so glad I found this thread or I'd be wondering what the hell is going on.
They'll die a quick death jumping that high on the subscription cost! There will always be a solution out there for the forum users. It just might take some time but word travels fast.

zabooda
07-06-2017, 12:21 AM
Sounds like Photobucket turned into a ransom ware. I imagine they will be required to allow people to get their pictures off.

trayson
07-06-2017, 12:54 AM
Regarding Imgur, when I upload direct from my phone, I select "only me" then hit "post" without a subject. It dumps the pic(s) into my general gallery. I can then move them into albums later. So far I like Imgur, much faster than PB too. I would say this $$ move from PB will be their demise...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170706/e5c3f6da1960491e767a12a0454fd22e.jpg

If you move them after direct linking them, does it break the link?

aerolland
07-06-2017, 06:28 AM
If you move them after direct linking them, does it break the link?
Not that in aware of but I will test it here once I get to work and I'm behind a PC

07-07-2017, 10:43 AM
Damn looks like my photos finally kicked the Bucket also. Time to change.

New Guy
07-11-2017, 04:56 PM
FML I am trying to download them to save my pictures but they will not load up when I have them downloaded.

aerolland
07-12-2017, 11:26 AM
I could never get the mass download option to work, wound up downloading each pic one by one. Wasn't as bad as it sounds, just click intensive. Then uploaded the files to Imgur account.

sharksfin
07-14-2017, 06:04 AM
anyone else notice that all the links posted by photobucket are now broken unless you want to subscribe to their $399/yr hosting service?
kinda interesting to go from free to $400 in a fell swoop.. sure there will be a lot of fallout from that.

where are you all hosting photos other than facebook(as I'm facebook free).

guess I finally need to get that tapatalk app I paid for a year ago up and working.

yeah. I experienced it the other day.