PDA

View Full Version : I cheated on my boat this week.

5:00
07-05-2017, 01:19 PM
Went away for a long vacation in SC over the holiday. They were running two Master Craft boats and we were on them all week. I feel really dirty and don't know how to break it to my XLV.:???:

jmvotto
07-05-2017, 01:31 PM
its ok I was on a G21 last week. they get over it??

BTW figured out how to get the suckg8 to work on the xlv , just need to ride it and compare to ghetto gates.

JoelFett
07-05-2017, 01:37 PM
Where in SC did you go? Were you riding the MC from CC Marine on Lake Murray?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

07-05-2017, 01:42 PM
BTW figured out how to get the suckg8 to work on the xlv , just need to ride it and compare to ghetto gates.

Excellent news on the SuckG8! I hope you can get it dialed. Let us know how it compares.

sandm
07-05-2017, 01:47 PM
5, just makes you appreciate the value in the moomba line that much better compared to MC :)

07-05-2017, 01:52 PM
Where in SC did you go? Were you riding the MC from CC Marine on Lake Murray?

No we were on lake Wateree in Camden. Very little boat traffic and 27 miles end to end. There was a bit of weather but it was smoother than any other time I have been there.
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb280/sirzappa/IMG_6021.jpg
http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb280/sirzappa/IMG_6020.jpg

07-05-2017, 01:56 PM
5, just makes you appreciate the value in the moomba line that much better compared to MC :)

Value for sure. The MC throws a wicked wake but it has the advantage of a much heavier hull, surf tabs and a price that I can't come close to affording. I am more than happy with my '07 Moomba!

RickT
07-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Went away for a long vacation in SC over the holiday. They were running two Master Craft boats and we were on them all week. I feel really dirty and don't know how to break it to my XLV.:???:

I think you should take the $60,000 you saved and buy the XLV a New friend that is coming out real soon. :)

07-05-2017, 03:39 PM
Well that is in the future but not as near as I was hoping for. We don't get to trade up for 3-4 more years I learned this weekend. What we have now is working for us though. We would be heading closer to your direction in the Clemson SC area if all goes to plan.

trayson
07-05-2017, 06:09 PM
its ok I was on a G21 last week. they get over it??

How to get it to work???? What do you mean?

You take a suck gate, stick it on the hull, and surf it. what more to it is there?

jmvotto
07-05-2017, 10:47 PM
How to get it to work???? What do you mean?

You take a suck gate, stick it on the hull, and surf it. what more to it is there?

Finally got it to stick to the hull, I have graphics back there which it can be finicky

Plus i tried it a couple times low on the hulll and it didn't work that week with the wave . Switched it to a 90 degree blade and found the suction sweet spot and the wave looked good . Had a boat full so used the ghetto gates cuz I knew they worked . Played with the suckg8 after our sessions on our way back in

That Guy
07-08-2017, 11:59 PM
I cheated as well....rode a friends Centurion Ri257...words cannot describe the wave....and the boat itself is just plain sick.

jmvotto
07-09-2017, 07:00 AM
That boat is crazy sick

NoleAlum
07-10-2017, 08:47 AM
Finally got it to stick to the hull, I have graphics back there which it can be finicky

Plus i tried it a couple times low on the hulll and it didn't work that week with the wave . Switched it to a 90 degree blade and found the suction sweet spot and the wave looked good . Had a boat full so used the ghetto gates cuz I knew they worked . Played with the suckg8 after our sessions on our way back in

Did you put it on the first level down from rub rail or on 2nd? I have the same splash graphics and end up putting it on 2nd level. Removed last couple of "drops" on 1st level to put suck gate but it has too much of a rooster tail. Ironically one of the levers on my suck gate broke so brought out the old ghetto gate. My daughter (regular surfer) liked it better and ended up using it all weekend. My son is goofy and liked the suck gate better so had to bring both....

Still trying to dial the wave in but better this weekend with more crew. Regular seems to like more list and goofy more even but not much push but taller...

jmvotto
07-10-2017, 09:21 AM
Did you put it on the first level down from rub rail or on 2nd? I have the same splash graphics and end up putting it on 2nd level. Removed last couple of "drops" on 1st level to put suck gate but it has too much of a rooster tail. Ironically one of the levers on my suck gate broke so brought out the old ghetto gate. My daughter (regular surfer) liked it better and ended up using it all weekend. My son is goofy and liked the suck gate better so had to bring both....

Still trying to dial the wave in but better this weekend with more crew. Regular seems to like more list and goofy more even but not much push but taller...

Still working on the placement but I tried to go at water level with the blade have below and half above and as far back as I could .
Seem to hold well there. it did have some spray so I may adjust slightly

Went all the way down to the bottom and no good there.

07-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Can you put it fully under water while at rest?