PDA

View Full Version : '06 + lsv adding 1" vent line from center sac

_fng_
07-01-2017, 12:41 PM
Got the wakemakers kit to piggy back the ibs off the center sac but center sac vent line is 3/4 where wakemakers sent 1" connector. Obviously 1"line would sped the fill process but I don't know the route the vent line goes and hate to have to drill a new hole for the line.

So, anyone know the path of the center sac vent line (goes back towards rear of boat and arrives up by drivers kick plate)? Pretty straight forward that I could attach another line and pull it through as I'm pulling out the original?

Thanks for any help.

chawkphil
07-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Do you have a subwoofer under the instrument panel? I pulled my subwoofer out and was able to fish the hose through pretty easily.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

_fng_
07-02-2017, 03:01 PM
Yes, i do but will pull it out. Just tugging at it with the sub in place have any give that's why i didnt pull the sub initially. I just don't want to start the process and end up with a poop storm.

gregski
07-03-2017, 03:19 AM
The drivers "foot rest" is actually a fresh air channel/plenum. You'll see a hole cut out with cables running through it and also that vent line. If you stick your head down into the center locker you'll see this channel (it's also how they pass the supply cables from the batteries to the helm).

If it were me, I wouldn't change the vent line. the fitting on the side of the boat is going to be 3/4 so you'd have to change that. I think you need to get a 3/4 connector, or at least go with the 1" from the kit but then use a short piece of tube to connect a 1" to 3/4" barbed transition (less than $1 from the irrigation section of the big box hardware store). I doubt you'd notice any difference in fill time with a 1" vent vs. 3/4". Supply or drain line, yes, but not the vent.

_fng_
07-03-2017, 08:08 AM
The wakemakers kit uses stock center sac vent line to feed ibs so the 3/4 line would hinder bag filing. I'm going to route a 1 inch line once i get a 1 inch bag adapter for the center sac. On other hand, check valves from wakemakers definitely help suck bags flat/ empty.

gregski
07-05-2017, 06:10 PM
Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were talking about making the vent line 1". Your plan is exactly what I did on mine. I pulled the 3/4 vent up and out. I added a 1" line between the center and the IBS and then the 3/4 vent actually reached to the top center connector of the IBS perfectly. The path that the vent line takes will go too high and require lots of bends, etc. I drilled a hole into that air channel so that the tube went straight from IBS leg and then down into the locker.