PDA

View Full Version : Image posting without Photobucket

Broke Pilot
06-29-2017, 02:19 AM
Ok... so what's everyone using now to post pictures since Photobucket decided to royally screw everyone for $400 to image host? I've tried flikr and imgur. Can't figure out how to get a usable code to post from an iPhone/iPad app. I don't get on a real computer much since I'm not home very often. I will admit I'm computer illiterate, but I didn't think it was this bad...
can anyone help me out??

Stazi
06-29-2017, 06:39 AM
Tapatalk off my phone or iPad and it's free!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aerolland
06-29-2017, 09:38 AM
Maybe I'm missing something...? I just re-edited an old post of mine where I had messed up the folders within Photobucket and broke all my links. PB still worked for me, no warning of $$$ needed.

But I second the Tapatalk option - when I am not in front of a PC (at work) it is by far the easiest way to add pictures. I just like the large inline text option of using photobucket. I think it's easier on the readers!

Broke Pilot
06-29-2017, 12:36 PM
Maybe I'm missing something...? I just re-edited an old post of mine where I had messed up the folders within Photobucket and broke all my links. PB still worked for me, no warning of $$$ needed.

But I second the Tapatalk option - when I am not in front of a PC (at work) it is by far the easiest way to add pictures. I just like the large inline text option of using photobucket. I think it's easier on the readers!

If yours is still working that means they just haven't gotten to you yet... mine out lasted a few other people. the only subscription that is going to allow image hosting is the big $400 account.

Guess I'll have to Try the tapatalk

dusty2221
06-29-2017, 12:45 PM
imgur is about as easy as it gets.

aerolland
06-29-2017, 01:08 PM
I switched to Imgur as well. Once the Photobucket account updates, will existing links become broken?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MJHSupra
06-29-2017, 03:59 PM
I've used: https://www.flickr.com/

trayson
06-30-2017, 12:16 AM
imgur is about as easy as it gets.

I tried Imgur and it wouldn't let me upload all my pics at once and told me I had to wait an hour.

Lame.

I upgraded my PB to the ad free and it's working fine so far. What are you seeing that isn't allowing the direct linking we usually do on forums?

dusty2221
06-30-2017, 12:39 AM
I tried Imgur and it wouldn't let me upload all my pics at once and told me I had to wait an hour.

Lame.

I upgraded my PB to the ad free and it's working fine so far. What are you seeing that isn't allowing the direct linking we usually do on forums?
I've uploaded 20 or better at a time and never experienced that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

trayson
06-30-2017, 12:47 AM
I think I tried to do 80 from a week long vacation.

That said, it looks like I'm going to have well over a year of pics soon held hostage and blocked. Freaking lame.

trayson
06-30-2017, 01:42 AM
I've uploaded 20 or better at a time and never experienced that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

How do you keep things organized. It seems that every time you do an upload, it creates a new album... That doesn't seem practical. I want an album for boating, not many albums every couple days

DFTR Josh
06-30-2017, 08:44 AM
Looks like Wakeworld.com uses the same format for pictures and works great without a hosting site. Maybe we just need to get on our admins to fix the up-loader and have the website work correctly :cool:

Gqjeff
07-13-2017, 12:29 PM
what a crook of shit. I have used PB since 2004. I have a few thousand pics on there and def not happy I have to pay to use them now. WTF

trayson
07-13-2017, 12:55 PM
I haven't got hit yet with the kidnapped images from PB. But I'm sure it's a matter of time. I had actually just subscribed to their lowest tier of pay service just before this all blew up, so I'm wondering if they're nuking the people on the freebie accounts first? or ????

That said, I already transitioned to Imgur. I hate that it's not easy to organize with albums on import, but other than that, it's pretty straightforward and seems to be working well.

I figure when my direct linked pics die on threads, I might just reply to those posts with a replacement pic from IMGUR since all those posts are well beyond the timeline of editing. But For the time being I'm just waiting to see when they grenade my PB pics.

Gqjeff
07-13-2017, 01:10 PM
I just used tapatalk. Def a painless free option.

trayson
07-13-2017, 01:13 PM
I just used tapatalk. Def a painless free option.

Don't you have to pay to use tapatalk? And isn't that a mobile app? So if you're posting from a PC, then what?

Gqjeff
07-13-2017, 01:14 PM
Not sure I just loaded the free version on my phone. Not sure if only mobile app or not I just used it the first time a few min ago lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk