PDA

View Full Version : 03-05 LSV Opinions

ssevey17
06-25-2017, 11:35 AM
So I've been looking at getting a v drive for a while now. I'm still about a year or so out from getting one as I have two youngsters under the age of 2. I've been looking a lot at the 03-05 LSV. I know they redesigned the hull in 06 and they are a lot better but I can get the older generation hull for about $10k less. I know a lot of people on here had the older generation and have since upgraded to the newer hull. The main complaints I saw were low free board, bad in rough water and the wake is weight sensitive. I think I'd rather put 10k towards college for the kids than get a newer hull. I only wakeboard right now but would like to try wakesurfing when I get an inboard. I have an i/o right now. How is the wake when fully loaded? Thanks in advance!

Stazi
06-25-2017, 07:49 PM
Wakesurfing on that old hull is meh. If you can swing it get the newer hull, in the long run you will be happier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VA LSV
06-27-2017, 11:17 AM
No complaints with either in my '05 LSV. Wakeboard wake likes extra weight in the nose and the surf wave is good with a suck gate.