PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Mojo

SorryCharlie
06-22-2017, 02:03 PM
Can someone tell me what exactly is standard on the Surf Edition?
As I understand I have:
650lb left/right rear sacs
700lb bow sac
500lb additional u-sac in the bow

is the bow sac that is 700lbs a hard tank in the bow? I've searched and can't find much info.

JoelFett
06-22-2017, 02:04 PM
It's a fly high bow sack under the front cushions.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SorryCharlie
06-22-2017, 02:21 PM
I know there is a u-sac under the front cushions but standard is 2K lbs, and the surf edition gets an additional 500lbs.

Rear locker right - 650lb
Rear locker left - 650lb
Bow - 700lb

Surf edition adds 500lb u-sac, which I'm guessing is the one under the bow cushions, where is the other 700lb bow sac? Or does that u-sac in the bow now weigh 1200lbs?

hawgtitan
06-22-2017, 02:27 PM
The 700 lb. is hard tank in the floor that fills then when full it pushes overflow to the bow sac.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07STI
06-22-2017, 02:35 PM
The 700 lb. is hard tank in the floor that fills then when full it pushes overflow to the bow sac.

This. The 700# hard tank is also referred to as the center tank. It's under the floor to the left of the driver's seat. You can see it if you open the access panel there.

Edit - At least that's how the setup is on the Craz. I assume it's the same for a '15 Mojo.

SorryCharlie
06-22-2017, 02:59 PM
This. The 700# hard tank is also referred to as the center tank. It's under the floor to the left of the driver's seat. You can see it if you open the access panel there.

Edit - At least that's how the setup is on the Craz. I assume it's the same for a '15 Mojo.

Thanks, I'll have to take a look at that tonight. Makes sense because the bow sac takes forever to fillup.

SorryCharlie
06-22-2017, 03:39 PM
Anybody have pump recommendation to speed up the process of filling the sacs?

Stazi
06-22-2017, 03:48 PM

What he said

Stazi
06-22-2017, 03:49 PM

You could potentially add a quick disconnect to the front of the v sac and pump it with a Tsunami pump.

sivs1
06-22-2017, 03:51 PM

How long does it take now?

SorryCharlie
06-22-2017, 03:56 PM
about 10 minutes.

sivs1
06-22-2017, 03:58 PM
about 10 minutes.

Depending on how much water you're pumping in 10 minutes seems good. How fast do you want it to be? Even with Ram Fill pumps are still involved once the tanks are full.

SorryCharlie
06-22-2017, 04:01 PM
I would like to cut that in half, don't know if that's possible or not? I know the tsunami are fast but I would like to keep everything on the switches at the helm.

Stazi
06-22-2017, 05:50 PM
Considering you would have to throw the pump over the side of the boat I'm not sure how you would do that far easier to just plug it in the cigarette lighter, and fill it up that way

JoelFett
06-23-2017, 03:08 PM
You could put in a new thru hull and add a pump, but I wouldn't do it to my boat. I just replaced the 650's with 1100's and now everything takes 10 minutes. 😁

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Azsunrider
07-01-2017, 07:33 PM
I just bought a used 2015 mojo surf edition from a private seller. It is so hard to figure this thing out since there isn't much info online and the manual is so basic. I just figured out that there is hard tank underneath. I am hearing a sound like the pump is sucking air from the rear compartments when the front ballast is emptying and the ballast shows about 30 percent full. Any suggestions? Also, people talk about adjusting the autoflow surf tabs to different percentages. Isn't it just surf left or surf right, or is there a way to adjust those? Thanks for the info.

Azsunrider
07-01-2017, 10:02 PM
Nevermind, I figured it out looking through the menu on the dash.

KnoxMojo
07-02-2017, 12:18 AM
You can adjust your timers to coincide with your dash gauge for your ballast. I have mine at set at 11.5 minutes (running 1100s) for the year and 12.5 for the front. It is right at 100 pounds a minute to drain and fill. The gauge is basically a dummy gauge based on your timer set up. Make sure to set your drain times and fill times.

tpjsooner
07-03-2022, 09:53 AM
Any ideas why my center tank won’t flow into my front “u” ballast bag up front on my 2015 Mojo? Put new impeller in. Blew out the hoses, sucked out the hoses. I have the timer set at 6:00.

Holdmybeer
07-03-2022, 11:42 AM
Change the timer to 13 and see what happens

tpjsooner
07-03-2022, 04:25 PM
I changed it to 15, as well. I just had the mechanic look at it again. He thinks the only thing it can be is that the pump is bad. It shredded the brand new impeller that he just put in, so it spins but doesn’t prime. We filled up the bags with a hose and the pump will expel the water…prob due to the pressure. It won’t pick it back up from the lake. We tested the ball valve and it definitely let water in. We ran another pump to the front/center bags and it worked, which tells me that there aren’t any air holes in the lines. Has anyone ever heard of a pump that doesn’t work even if there’s a new impeller and the impeller spins???? It’s really the only thing left we can think of.

HFarr
07-04-2022, 07:34 AM
I changed it to 15, as well. I just had the mechanic look at it again. He thinks the only thing it can be is that the pump is bad. It shredded the brand new impeller that he just put in, so it spins but doesn’t prime. We filled up the bags with a hose and the pump will expel the water…prob due to the pressure. It won’t pick it back up from the lake. We tested the ball valve and it definitely let water in. We ran another pump to the front/center bags and it worked, which tells me that there aren’t any air holes in the lines. Has anyone ever heard of a pump that doesn’t work even if there’s a new impeller and the impeller spins???? It’s really the only thing left we can think of.Sounds like the pump housing/hub itself may have a bad spot in it where the impeller rides, or the seal around it is leaking somewhere letting air in.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Holdmybeer
07-04-2022, 07:58 AM
It isn't self priming. Either the motor is half toast and cannot overcome the load to pump water or the pump isn't sealed and letting in air.

The impeller should not be shredding. Is the hub torn or are the blades? Hub means impeller wasn't installed correctly and the shaft spun inside. Bad blades means you ran dry pumping air and melted it or there is damage or debris in the pump housing..

The inlet hose to the pump ... are the hose clamps tight? Is the hose split? This would let in air.

tpjsooner
07-04-2022, 09:14 AM
It isn't self priming. Either the motor is half toast and cannot overcome the load to pump water or the pump isn't sealed and letting in air.

The impeller should not be shredding. Is the hub torn or are the blades? Hub means impeller wasn't installed correctly and the shaft spun inside. Bad blades means you ran dry pumping air and melted it or there is damage or debris in the pump housing..

The inlet hose to the pump ... are the hose clamps tight? Is the hose split? This would let in air.

We’ve tried the original impeller twice now and an orange and a green. None work and the new green one shredded the blades. Most likely got too hot from running dry.

We pulled inlet hose and checked ball valve and it lets water in. Put hose back on along with hose clamps and it wouldn’t work. We did hook up the port pump to center hoses and it worked. I don’t recall if we used the center intake line or not though. We’ve flushed the lines with a hose and the pump will pump the existing water out, but I think it’s only bc of the pressure from the center and front tank & bag.

I did notice that the pump motor will turn off after I turn it on. Is that bc the bag and tank are registered as full on the screen or is that something else? If I toggle it back to off and on again it will stay on.

Holdmybeer
07-04-2022, 09:59 AM
It is turning off because the system thinks it's full. Reset your ballast levels on the screen and the timers will reset.

I'm wondering about the drain working but not the fill. The tank and bag are level or lower than the pumps so not sure how there would be pressure on that side allowing it to work.

The inlet side has the boat weight pushing down on the water and forcing it into the pump inlet. Should be similar force either direction. The Puppy pumps are self priming but only if sealed and the inlet doesn't have holes or leaks. From lake or from bags doesn't matter because they pump either direction.

If the hose leaks air it would also leak water into the boat. Do you have water in the bilge? If not, the pump is probably toast and your wallet will be $400-ish lighter.

tpjsooner
07-09-2022, 10:00 PM
Looking at replacing this ballast puppy pump PN: 18670-6127. Has anyone replaced it with a new one? I can’t seem to find that part number. Does anyone have a new part number that fits and also has the wire connector?