PDA

View Full Version : Temp Sensor

Rorymulderrig
06-21-2017, 05:24 AM
The temperature gauge stopped working at weekend, the boat runs fine but can be a pain to start when hot I believe the temperature sensor is faulty but I have found 2 at the rear of the engine can someone tell me what each one does.

The first is to the left (if you have your back to the drivers seat) of the thermostat housing connected to a T which is used to feed the heater.

The second is on the lower ring of the thermostat housing

I'm also struggling to find the PCV Value if someone could point me in the right direct that would be great

its a 2000 Mobius V with a 330HP MPI engine

Thanks Rory

mmandley
06-21-2017, 06:42 AM
First picture looks to be the temp sensor for your ECM

Second looks like a temp sending unit for your gauge but I'm not positive

5:00
06-21-2017, 09:38 AM
Isn't the PCV on top of the valve cover? A right angle piece of black plastic in a rubber grommet attached to a hose. Just pull it out if that is what you are looking for.

Rorymulderrig
06-22-2017, 06:30 AM
Thanks just ordered them from Skidim

Rugburn
06-26-2017, 02:32 PM
When my temp gauge stopped working, I changed my sensor and the gauge itself. Neither fixed it. It was the thermostat. It was stuck open and didnt allow the engine to get to operating temperature. Its a cheap fix. Even if it isnt the thermostat, Id change it out anyway.

Team Smith Outback V
07-28-2020, 12:30 PM
I was speaking with Discount Inboard Marine about my sensor and they mentioned that a quick test to determine if the sensor was bad was to turn the key so you have power to the dash then remove the lead to the sensor and ground it. If the gauge goes all the way across then the sensor/sending unit is faulty.

secondsupra2004
07-29-2020, 09:21 AM
The temperature gauge stopped working at weekend, the boat runs fine but can be a pain to start when hot I believe the temperature sensor is faulty but I have found 2 at the rear of the engine can someone tell me what each one does.

The first is to the left (if you have your back to the drivers seat) of the thermostat housing connected to a T which is used to feed the heater.

The second is on the lower ring of the thermostat housing

I'm also struggling to find the PCV Value if someone could point me in the right direct that would be great

its a 2000 Mobius V with a 330HP MPI engine

Thanks Rory

Single wire sensor is the gauge in the dash, 2-wire sensor goes to the ECM. Gauge sensor will not affect engine performance, ECM sensor will.