PDA

View Full Version : Stereo, blower, bilge will not turn on

eggz
06-20-2017, 08:20 PM
Hey guys I have a 2013 Moomba Outback V. Currently my stereo, blower, bilge and most likely nav and dock lights have no power to them. Also it drew power from my battery causing it to die prior when nothing was being used. Any ideas or suggestions? I am thinking/hoping the stereo and switches issue has to be a blown fuse. Is there a master fuse that controls all of them? Also where is the fuse box located for them? Any help would mean A LOT Summer is here.

Thank you

mikenehrkorn
06-20-2017, 09:01 PM
There might be others, but if I recall correctly, there is a breaker behind the passenger seat where the battery is installed and another somewhere in the engine compartment.

Stazi
06-20-2017, 09:29 PM
Main breaker is tripped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eggz
06-21-2017, 07:54 AM
Okay thank you. As dumb as this sounds how do I fix this issue? I am assuming reset the breaker but how do I do that? Also does that have anything to do with random power draw from the battery?

mmandley
06-21-2017, 08:36 AM
Okay thank you. As dumb as this sounds how do I fix this issue? I am assuming reset the breaker but how do I do that? Also does that have anything to do with random power draw from the battery?

You reset the breaker look for a red button. Below that is a little lever that pops down when tripped just pull it up to the closed position.

If your batteries went dead then the causes can be but not limited to
Bilge pump running non stop. There are 2 push in tabs on the sides to open it. There is a screen you can clean that can get clogged and cause it to run.

You have a short someplace causing draw
Left a blower, light, stereo switch on

With a tripped breaker likely cause is a short.

Of you reset the breaker and it trips again take it in for service

zabooda
06-21-2017, 10:56 AM
Possibly a stuck float switch on the bilge pump if all the switches were off, overheated the bilge pump motor when the voltage dropped and then tripped the breaker. Check your bilge pump for any obstructions and check the pump motor operation.

eggz
06-21-2017, 11:35 AM
Thanks a lot everyone, hopefully I can resolve this now. Appreciate it

eggz
06-24-2017, 02:42 PM
How many circuit breakers or there in 2013 outback, I've located one under the engine and one in passenger cubby under windshield. Also what do blown fuses look like? They do not like anything like car fuses, cannot tell a difference. Used a test light and could see there was power to the switches and the fuses but when I touched the negative side the test like will not light up. Any thoughts suggestions?

Stazi
06-24-2017, 03:43 PM
This the Circuit breaker in the tripped position. You have to push that little red leaver up until it clicks to reset. Check to make sure that yours have not been tripped.
http://img.dxcdn.com/productimages/sku_425793_1.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

eggz
06-24-2017, 07:40 PM
I had already done that both circuit breakers were tripped, I reset them. I then went out and checked my ballast's turned on for a second then they shorted and wouldn't empty or fill. Everything that is not working, bilge, blower, nav lights, dock lights, ballasts, stereo, horn are all coming from the two fuse panel boxes under the steering wheel. Tested the power to my battery its good, everything from those clusters is getting power as well but the fuses are only lighting up on positive side when tested. I think it has to be a bad ground or something is wrong with those two fuse panel boxes being shot. There has to be another fuse panel box because my dash still lights up fine. Thoughts and suggestions welcome, thank you.

eggz
06-27-2017, 04:18 PM
I wa wondering if you knew where I could find the main ground. I feel like it has to be that seeing everything electrical in those two clusters is not working now. Thanks

Stazi
06-27-2017, 05:07 PM
This should be a ground bus under the steering wheel. It looks like a long black plastic strip with a metal strip on top of that and a bunch of places for the negatives to connect to it.

eggz
06-27-2017, 08:25 PM
Thanks a lot stazi appreciate it. Problem solved. Now I just need to figure out how to get my Sub working again just made a new thread for it.

Stazi
06-28-2017, 08:14 AM
Glad to hear! What was the problem in the end?