PDA

View Full Version : If you're having starting issues, check your ignition

loudsubz
06-19-2017, 10:32 AM
Not saying it will be the culprit every time, but I was having intermittent starting issues on our 2010 LSV. I asked various sources and had recommendations to check grounds, starter, fuses, battery etc not thinking it could be the ignition key. After exhausting the other options I finally pulled the ignition switch and metered out the contacts as I was simulating the start procedure.

Batt to IGN - check
Batt to START - fail

did this many times and would never see continuity while testing in my hand. The only reason it was temp working while in the boat as I was really cranking on the key so I guess it would finally make contact at the end of its travels, but not every time.

Looked online for a replacement ( in Canada) - like looking for a unicorn lol.

Ended up getting a generic one on amazon for $25, swapped out and rewired the deutsch connectors to ring terminals.

Starts first turn now.

The stock one is a cole hersee? unit (shows up on littlefuse website too)

DOCDRS
06-19-2017, 01:06 PM
Glad you worked it out , I remember you were having issues last year. Thought I may have mentioned the ignition thing as mine is similar

z28ke
06-19-2017, 01:10 PM
Yea mine need to be replaced. I've lightly bumped the key with my knee a couple times when running and it cuts the ignition.