PDA

View Full Version : Hot sauce on windshield

russellsmojo
06-19-2017, 09:22 AM
I have accumulated some good water spots on windshield lately. Hot sauce works great on boat. Any reason why it should not be used on windshield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mattsask
06-19-2017, 09:28 AM
I have accumulated some good water spots on windshield lately. Hot sauce works great on boat. Any reason why it should not be used on windshield?

Just use vinegar and water, it clear the windows way better than hot sauce.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

dusty2221
06-19-2017, 09:29 AM
After I wipe the boat down with Hot Sauce I usually hand Ash the towel I used and she wipes down the outside of our glass that way.

russellsmojo
06-19-2017, 12:19 PM
After I wipe the boat down with Hot Sauce I usually hand Ash the towel I used and she wipes down the outside of our glass that way.

Awesome. Thanks. Will Ash wipe my windshield down?

Prospersigman
06-19-2017, 01:35 PM
Awesome. Thanks. Will Ash wipe my windshield down?

Is that what you call it these days?

s281cheddar
06-19-2017, 02:00 PM
Just use vinegar and water, it clear the windows way better than hot sauce.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I second this. We had Nasty water spots, on windows and the black boat - I mean nasty! Hot sauce worked well, but now one locally sells it so I always ordered online for a pretty penny after shipping. Someone at my local launch suggested 1/3 parts vinegar 2/3 parts water, I laughed at him, but told him I'd try it. OMG - worked 10x better then hot sauce! Put in a spray bottle, sprayed on boat, let sit a minute, wiped of - not a single spot! Vinegar scent is gone in a few minutes. Every now and then I throw a quick flagship spray wax on, dealer look!!! I liked the results so much I bought a soap mixing hose sprayer. Fill it with vinegar, and a very small amount of boat soap, and just spray the water spot black boat down and wipe clean. When I'm done with boat I use that damp towel on windows and spots disappear that have been on there for days! Nothing beats a 30 cent gallon of water spot remover.

s281cheddar
06-19-2017, 02:04 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170619/6475a0e23cbbab3346b7e5362251eabb.jpgBest pic I could find of the water spots we had after a few outings.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170619/b59625c127cc4660d0d3db9fcde1dc04.jpgAfter a simple vinegar and water mist and wipe down. No wax or buffing. Just the wipe!

Shits Magical!

moombahighrider
06-19-2017, 02:24 PM
Vinegar/water mix is great for cleaning, but it will remove all the wax as well. Pretty important to re-wax whenever you use vinegar. That is why I only use it once in a while

s281cheddar
06-19-2017, 03:15 PM
Vinegar/water mix is great for cleaning, but it will remove all the wax as well. Pretty important to re-wax whenever you use vinegar. That is why I only use it once in a while

Yeah I always put something on after vinegar. But it's worth it!

rdlangston13
06-19-2017, 05:41 PM
I second this. We had Nasty water spots, on windows and the black boat - I mean nasty! Hot sauce worked well, but now one locally sells it so I always ordered online for a pretty penny after shipping. Someone at my local launch suggested 1/3 parts vinegar 2/3 parts water, I laughed at him, but told him I'd try it. OMG - worked 10x better then hot sauce! Put in a spray bottle, sprayed on boat, let sit a minute, wiped of - not a single spot! Vinegar scent is gone in a few minutes. Every now and then I throw a quick flagship spray wax on, dealer look!!! I liked the results so much I bought a soap mixing hose sprayer. Fill it with vinegar, and a very small amount of boat soap, and just spray the water spot black boat down and wipe clean. When I'm done with boat I use that damp towel on windows and spots disappear that have been on there for days! Nothing beats a 30 cent gallon of water spot remover.

Amazon prime my friend

s281cheddar
06-19-2017, 05:44 PM
Amazon prime my friend

Lol. I'm an Ebayer For Life!!!

rdlangston13
06-19-2017, 06:12 PM
I bought my first boat on eBay.

twkoehn
06-19-2017, 06:35 PM
We wipe ours down immediately after coming out of the water but by the end of summer it still gets scummy. I always do a thorough cleaning of my boat in the fall. I also use vinegar and water on my windshield and tower but I use zing (hydrochloric acid) with a brush on the gelcoat. This takes everything off the boat down to the gelcoat. A nice coat of wax and it looks brand new.

jtatexc
06-19-2017, 07:15 PM
I use a 4:1 water/vinegar mix and have for about 8 year. I love it. I cant justify using anything else with us me launching 2-3 times a week, that is EXPENSIVE to use a product. I do however do a once over each time with BABES spray on wax . I buy a gallon a year for about 35 bucks and it works fantastic and keeps the gel glossy and slick. Im pretty farm happy with my system and the results and get constant complements even with the pita blass gel coat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk