PDA

View Full Version : supra vs moomba

Cyndi
08-14-2006, 08:37 AM
Can anyone tell me the difference in Supra and Moomba? why buy one over the other? I am buying a new boat this year and have looked at replacing a moomba I bought used (and love) but want to know if there are any real differences between the moomba and the Supra, mastercraft etc??

Cyndi
08-14-2006, 11:59 AM
??????

Double D
08-14-2006, 12:39 PM
Supra and Moomba are made the exact same in the same factory. Supra is just the cadillac version of the Moomba. You get a few more perks with the Supra.

Waterski Magazine did a great article on the differences amongst these two boats as well as 88 other waterski/wakeboard boats. You might want to contact them about the "Boat Buyers Guide 06". Great article outlining every inboard/direct drive manufacturer out there.

Hope this helps.

Dan

jburnside
08-14-2006, 04:38 PM
Cyndi,
The two brands are run down the same assembly line but the Supra boats get a little nicer vinyl and in the past they got all of the stainless accessories (cup holders, grab handles...) and they all came standard with EFI motors and most all of them had the hydraulic wakeplate as a standard feature. However, the new '07 Moomba line looks to have closed the gap on the Supra amenities. The new Moomba's come standard with the upgraded radio, stainless accents, and std. EFI with cruise control. I guess the differences are going to be hull type & size, seating configurations, vinyl quality, sound suppression, and more standard features that are options on the Moomba brand. As Double D pointed out Supra is the Cadillac and Moomba is more like the Chevrolet. Hope we have been of some help.