PDA

View Full Version : 2005 impeller / fuel filter

fx4x4
06-15-2017, 12:04 AM
just picked up an 2005 outback does anyone have any Any idea what impeller the boat calls for is there a service manual i can pickup?

and the fuel filter is a night mare not sure if it is original but i have a 5/8 fuel line with a straight inline filter with 1/2 inch barbs on it the filter is a carquest that was discontinued i found on the the internet and ordered it but ??? is this factory?

and I have the factory boat cover it is black. I have washed scrubbed both sides hosed it off over and over no matter what when it rain it bermiates the dirty black nasty seepage ...any ideas

VA LSV
06-15-2017, 09:42 AM
just picked up an 2005 outback does anyone have any Any idea what impeller the boat calls for is there a service manual i can pickup?

Johnson 09-812B

and the fuel filter is a night mare not sure if it is original but i have a 5/8 fuel line with a straight inline filter with 1/2 inch barbs on it the filter is a carquest that was discontinued i found on the the internet and ordered it but ??? is this factory?

1/2 barb filter is factory.

and I have the factory boat cover it is black. I have washed scrubbed both sides hosed it off over and over no matter what when it rain it bermiates the dirty black nasty seepage ...any ideas

Start shopping for a new cover

5:00
06-15-2017, 10:59 AM
Would putting a water proofer on it do the job? If the water can't get through the top how can it get inside?

On the inline fuel filter mine uses basically the same thing. Mine is the NAPA fuel filter you can get at the auto parts store. I change it during winterization.

fx4x4
06-15-2017, 11:33 PM
So I called www.skidim.com ...they knew which impeller and what fuel filter both in stock and less than i thought .....just saying ...they also told me there is not a service manual for my the motor

VA LSV
06-16-2017, 07:08 AM
Skidim is a great source for tow boat parts and their staff is very knowledgeable. Used them many times.

BT_48170
06-16-2017, 09:45 AM
I had a 2005 Mobius and bought this Clymer manual:

https://www.clymer.com/s/indmar-gm-v-8-inboards/marine-manuals

Everything should be pretty similar even if it's not the exact engine you have (assuming you have an Indmar engine).