PDA

View Full Version : Wake Plate Glitching

JHCMondo
06-13-2017, 05:54 PM
We took our 2016 Mondo out on the lake yesterday.

On two occassions when we turned the engine on, the Wake Plate would glitch and be non responsive. It would not move at all. When the gauges do their test sweep the plates didn't move as they ussually do. I had to turn the engine off and on atleast 1 or 2 times to reset it.

We probably turned the engine on an off approx 10 to 15 times and the wake plate failed 2 times.

Do any of you know what the potential causes are?

Thanks,
James

mattsask
06-13-2017, 09:22 PM
Turn it to the run position and let the screen boot up before you start the engine.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

cpropes2005
06-14-2017, 09:36 AM
Typed up a long response but hit the wrong button and deleted it. Long story short I had the same issue and letting it boot before starting the boat like mattsak said worked for me.

The auto retract logic for the wake plate is different depending on if you have the cruise control on or not and from my experimentation I found that the ecm would get confused as to which mode it was in when the boot up procedure doesn't complete before firing up the boat. When the cruise is on it is supposed to auto retract at 1/2 of your set speed but if the cruise is off the auto retract speed is hard coded at 15 mph. You never get to that speed when surfing so if it is in the wrong mode it will just stay locked in the full down "launch" position.

JHCMondo
06-14-2017, 11:06 AM
Typed up a long response but hit the wrong button and deleted it. Long story short I had the same issue and letting it boot before starting the boat like mattsak said worked for me.

The auto retract logic for the wake plate is different depending on if you have the cruise control on or not and from my experimentation I found that the ecm would get confused as to which mode it was in when the boot up procedure doesn't complete before firing up the boat. When the cruise is on it is supposed to auto retract at 1/2 of your set speed but if the cruise is off the auto retract speed is hard coded at 15 mph. You never get to that speed when surfing so if it is in the wrong mode it will just stay locked in the full down "launch" position.

Thanks!

We were surfing with the cruise on and we just turned the boat on from the off position a few times i'm sure. This makes perfect sense.

Yobrandon
06-14-2017, 11:18 PM
I needed the 2016 ecm update to fix my issue on my 2015. I know there is a 2017 update for the 2016 models as well. Dealer should have them.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

kkhanmd
08-17-2017, 03:15 PM
I had the same issue, boat was sitting on dock w filled ballasts, started it and tried to make a wake but the plate was stuck at 0%. Had to turn the engine off, take the key out, and restart and then it worked fine. What gives?

Isaguel
08-17-2017, 07:24 PM
Had the same problem and my dealer put me in touch with Skiers Choice, they solved the problem for me. If you have the auto -surf, before starting the engine, make sure the surf tab switch is in the middle position. Once the engine starts, make sure you do not turn the surf tab to either side until the ECU goes through the diagnostic process. I was starting the engine and immediately swithing the surf tab to start surfing and messing up the ECU diagnostic protocol (or whatever its called).All the gauge needles will move and eventually settle. It only takes about 5-6 secs. Problem will be solved.