PDA

View Full Version : 2007 LSV Tower

Patrick Sedlak
06-12-2017, 03:12 PM
does anyone have experience folding down the tower on a 2007 lsv? Looking to rent a boat lift w/cover, but it requires me to fold down the tower every time?

BobP
06-12-2017, 03:29 PM
We have a 2008 Outback V. I believe the tower is a little different than yours, but we had the same issue initially.....having to fold down the tower to get on the lift and under the canopy. However, were able to get extended posts that raise the canopy enough that we no longer need to do that. Check with you coat lift manufacturer and/or dealer.

GregInKS
06-12-2017, 05:33 PM
Yep it's not bad at all. Just take out two screw in knobs on each side, push the tower up a bit to let the arms come down, and then fold back the tower. Make sure the arms don't just fall on your gel coat when you lift up!

kaneboats
06-12-2017, 05:56 PM
It is very easy to put up and down but I wouldn't want to have to do it every time. Also, when down the tower is really in the way of trying to do anything to the boat too.

Patrick Sedlak
06-12-2017, 08:04 PM
Thanks for the reply guys!

chawkphil
06-13-2017, 07:41 PM
I store my 07 LSV in the garage so I have to fold the tower every time. It's not too difficult. I would recommend getting some kind of padding like swim deck maybe to stick on the fiberglass where the tower supports rest so you don't damage the gelcoat. Mine has war wounds from dropping one of the supports when I was in a rush.

The tower does make it pretty hard to do much inside the boat when it's folded down.

Be careful not to overtighten the screw in knobs cause they can be a real pain to loosen if they are over torqued

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

jmvotto
06-13-2017, 10:11 PM
Get canopy extensions...

996scott
06-14-2017, 11:24 AM
As others have said it is easy to drop the tower. I store mine in the garage so the tower goes up and down each time I take it out. The one thing that I use is a long 4X4 that has a "felt" material stapled over it. I lay it across the boat and then rest the tower and the legs on it.

Patrick Sedlak
10-03-2017, 06:44 AM
So does the toewer fold forward to the bow or back inside the main part of the boat? What screws do I need to take out?

996scott
10-03-2017, 11:23 AM
the tower fold back into the main cabin. There are two big black knobs (screws) on each leg of the tower. Just unscrew them, lift up the tower a little bit and the legs will then fall back, then lower the tower onto what every you are using to support it. Very easy.

996scott
10-03-2017, 11:24 AM
just make sure when you lift up on the tower that the legs don't fall back and hit the boat. these are the screws.