PDA

View Full Version : Ballast question

Catman
06-11-2017, 09:34 PM
Hi guys I installed the 1100 rears this weekend and played with surf settings 2 ?s. What % should my surf tabs be set for and how do I make the wake longer. Thanks

Jjdyn0mite
06-15-2017, 12:03 PM
My surf tabs are set between 50 and 65 on each side depending on weight in the boat. before a run, I will usually adjust the tabs to where the wave looks good.

Things that contribute to a longer wave are increasing speed, increasing weight up front, and putting the tab down. With a longer wave, you usually don't get as much push unless you have a good amount of weight all the way around. I have Enzo bags in the back, 700 center, 500 IBS, plus I put another 400lb fat sac in the front playpen, speed at 11.3 ish and tab at 1/2 to 3/4 and I list the boat a few degrees to the surf side using the rear sacs. My wave is about 5 feet longer than the rope and has plenty of push for my 6' 180 lb frame, but it has a pretty steep transition. Still working on a mellow wave with enough push for me to do more spin tricks...

Catman
06-15-2017, 10:22 PM
Thanks for the tips

mattsask
06-15-2017, 11:57 PM
My surf tabs are set between 50 and 65 on each side depending on weight in the boat. before a run, I will usually adjust the tabs to where the wave looks good.

Things that contribute to a longer wave are increasing speed, increasing weight up front, and putting the tab down. With a longer wave, you usually don't get as much push unless you have a good amount of weight all the way around. I have Enzo bags in the back, 700 center, 500 IBS, plus I put another 400lb fat sac in the front playpen, speed at 11.3 ish and tab at 1/2 to 3/4 and I list the boat a few degrees to the surf side using the rear sacs. My wave is about 5 feet longer than the rope and has plenty of push for my 6' 180 lb frame, but it has a pretty steep transition. Still working on a mellow wave with enough push for me to do more spin tricks...
My craz is set up identically, except I use 400# steel in the nose instead of an extra bag. I run 65% port surf and 75% starboard. I like to leave the wake plate up as much as possible and increase speed to lengthen the wave. I do use the wake plate a bit, but I find decreases push more than speeding up does. We do run up in the 12.5 mph range sometimes(gps verified). The wave is long and nice and firm, with push all the way to the whitewash.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk