PDA

View Full Version : Raptor 20 Hr Service

Dsomzie
06-09-2017, 06:45 PM
I just crossed over 20 hours on my helix and have to do the 20 hour service. Spoke with my dealer about this and they are saying its going to be over 500 dollars for them to do it!! From looking in the manual it seems like you basically just check over everything, change all the fluid and check the shaft alignment, or am i missing something?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moomba156
06-09-2017, 07:56 PM
I am in the same boat. 17 helix. They claim it's the only way to keep the warranty..... not thrilled about it.

Dsomzie
06-09-2017, 07:58 PM
My dealer told me if I did it myself it wouldn't void my warranty. I think ill be trying to contact indmar directly

moombahighrider
06-09-2017, 08:16 PM
Correct, it will void the warranty, per my dealer. My dealer made sure I knew about it before I ever took delivery of the boat. It is required on the raptor motors. I just had my dealer do mine at $679. Spendy but absolutely worth the warranty, considering how much money I spent on the boat. By the way, my dealer told me it had to be done between 10 and 20 hours, no more.

Dsomzie
06-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Correct, it will void the warranty, per my dealer. My dealer made sure I knew about it before I ever took delivery of the boat. It is required on the raptor motors. I just had my dealer do mine at $679. Spendy but absolutely worth the warranty, considering how much money I spent on the boat. By the way, my dealer told me it had to be done between 10 and 20 hours, no more.

My dealer said it WOULDN'T void my warranty if i did it myself.

moombahighrider
06-09-2017, 08:32 PM
My dealer said it WOULDN'T void my warranty if i did it myself.

Yes, I saw that you said that. I would get that in writing and call indmar first about that....

I was responding to moomba156.

moomba156
06-09-2017, 11:40 PM
Yes, I saw that you said that. I would get that in writing and call indmar first about that....

I was responding to moomba156.

To me it's a good insurance policy. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170610/e4d16fa2616f72c92eaec7b788856fa1.jpg

moombahighrider
06-09-2017, 11:43 PM
To me it's a good insurance policy. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170610/e4d16fa2616f72c92eaec7b788856fa1.jpg

To that point, I neglected to mention that it is so important to me that I towed the boat 6 hours 1 way to deliver it my dealer and stayed in a hotel then picked it up early afternoon and towed it home another 6 hours to get this service done.

Dsomzie
06-10-2017, 12:01 AM
Wow!!! Did they break down what exactly they did in the service?

Rakkasan
06-10-2017, 08:19 AM
I was also told that it would not void the warranty. They just told me to keep all the receipts so I could prove when I changed the fluids and that I bought(and put in) the recommended ones.

Just knocked out the first fluids change yesterday with the boat at 16hrs.

mmandley
06-10-2017, 08:57 AM
You need to understand the SC / Indmar side of things.

To truly know if everything is aligned and working correctly you need to run the boat. Hince the 20Hr service. This allows them to make sure the engine, trans, V drive and shaft are all in alignment. This way your not causing damage by having mis aligned parts.

No different then the alignment on your car or truck. If its out the car still goes down the road just fine. Its just wearing the tires out much faster then needed.

If you bought a new car and it wouldn't go straight you would take it in for service.

If your drive train is out of alignment you wouldn't know just driving the boat. This is why a Dealer needs to look at it

You need to get the alignments checked, also if there is something wrong with the internals they can see this in the fluids when they drain them, maybe your cam is wearing wrong, or a bearing is going out, they need to check all these things before saying yes we will warranty you for 5 years.

Just suck it up as boat ownership.

After the 20hr you can do all your maintenance and save your money.

98outback
06-13-2017, 03:12 PM
That price sounds steep. My dealer just sent me the breakdown and price and it is around $375. I guess it depends on the area.

Dsomzie
06-13-2017, 03:54 PM
That price sounds steep. My dealer just sent me the breakdown and price and it is around $375. I guess it depends on the area.

Im interested in knowing what the breakdown is?

98outback
06-13-2017, 04:31 PM
Change all fluids, oil filter, shaft alignments, check motor mounts and alignment of driveline and hook up computer and check diagnostics.

jobu
06-14-2017, 08:21 AM
I had the dealer do my 20 hr on my new Helix, I think they charged me 159.

moombahighrider
06-14-2017, 09:14 AM
I had the dealer do my 20 hr on my new Helix, I think they charged me 159.

Wow, that's super cheap. Most of my bill was labor at $129/ hr for 4 hrs and then the cost of fluids, etc. not sure how it could physically be done for $159, unless they covered the labor or something.

Dsomzie
06-14-2017, 05:18 PM
Dropped it off today, decided to pull the trigger on having them do the work, he showed me the 121pt checklist for the service so i feel a bit better about the price. Just goes to show you the meaning of the word BOAT (bust out another thousand) applies no matter if its new or used.

hawgtitan
06-28-2017, 07:52 AM
I may have given way too much for the boat to start with [emoji23](I really don't think so), but my dealer does the 20 hr. service included in purchase price.