PDA

View Full Version : Base level control knob on 2016 Mondo

klemmy
06-08-2017, 10:30 AM
When they delivered our new Mondo, they gave us a bag with all the manuals and extra parts, etc. In this bag is a cable and a base level control for the kicker amp. It looks like it just plugs into the amp and its a rotary knob that you would turn to change the base. Any reason this isnt installed or any reason I shouldnt use it? Seems like a quick and easy way to change base quickly??

If any of you have have this installed on your boat, where does it normally get mounted ? Is there an ideal location for mounting it ?

Stazi
06-08-2017, 10:33 AM
I installed that myself on my stereo install. I also added the Kicker zone control so I have 3 gain controls inter my dash that allows me to control the volume of the inboats, towers and the sub. Nice to be able to control each one to adjust for the song or whether you're wakeboarding or not so that you not that guy constantly blasting the lake with music when you're just cruising.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

supra790
06-08-2017, 10:40 AM
I installed my own too. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170608/a5304e03b61d111802cc95cc8235af26.jpg

2016 Supra SG 450

trayson
06-08-2017, 11:50 AM
Yes, it's a remote level control for your sub amp. it will adjust the level of the output of the amp on the fly. Pretty handy. I have one in my car that I use regularly. Yes, you just just plug in the phone cord and mount the knob anywhere you choose.

Some people choose not to use them because they simply set the level of their amp and leave it, so it changes with the master volume. Others don't use it because they instead use a zone controller like the Exile or WS units. But it you want that extra control, that's what it's there for.