PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Gorge Utah

Giles303
06-06-2017, 01:36 PM
Trying to plan a get together at Flaming Gorge (Horsehoe Canyon) July 1st. Would love to meet some new people and drown some beers. Anyone interested?

sivs1
06-06-2017, 05:01 PM
Could be a good trip, only a few hours away. Just not in the cards for us that weekend as we will be at Bear lake the week before.

rdlangston13
06-06-2017, 05:45 PM
Trying to plan a get together at Flaming Gorge (Horsehoe Canyon) July 1st. Would love to meet some new people and drown some beers. Anyone interested?

I did some work up in Rock Springs back in the Summer of 2010. Hiked to the top of Pilot Butte, it was pretty neat how you can just go offroading anywhere you want up there. Always wanted to check out the Gorge but never made it farther west than Green River.

Giles303
06-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Hell ya! Come on up anytime, I'm out there every weekend if I'm free. Ive been to Bear lake before but have never actually boated on it.
If you ever wanna plan a meet up in Flaming Gorge Id love to do that!

Giles303
06-07-2017, 06:07 PM
Thats what draws people to Wyoming is the wide open spaces and Freedom. If you ever have a chance to make it back up this way I strongly suggests you go check out Flaming Gorge, you won't be disappointed.

GregInKS
06-09-2017, 05:52 AM
That would be the best looking lake in the history of moomba meets imo.
My family has been going there all the way back to the 60's I think. Back when there were lots of big brown trout to catch.
My uncle still has the UT state record. Still make it out there once a year or so to catch some big lake trout.
Such an amazing lake!

sandm
06-09-2017, 08:34 AM
if we weren't moving into a new house the next weekend and all our camping gear was accessible, I'd try to mooch a day on the water on your boat in exchange for bringing some boards to try and some cold beverages to consume....

sivs1
06-09-2017, 09:28 AM
if we weren't moving into a new house the next weekend and all our camping gear was accessible, I'd try to mooch a day on the water on your boat in exchange for bringing some boards to try and some cold beverages to consume....
That's right, you're in slc now. Pretty big group of Moomba and Supra owners around.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Giles303
06-09-2017, 06:07 PM
That would be the best looking lake in the history of moomba meets imo.
My family has been going there all the way back to the 60's I think. Back when there were lots of big brown trout to catch.
My uncle still has the UT state record. Still make it out there once a year or so to catch some big lake trout.
Such an amazing lake!

Awesome! Recently the browns have kind of made a comeback but everything in the lake is facing higher number of burbot predators. I would love to plan a Moomba Supra meet up here at anytime. I know of 3 Moomba Owners and 4 Supra Owners in the Area. Anything else would be amazing!

Giles303
06-09-2017, 06:11 PM

Absolutely! Always love meeting new people that share the same hobbies as I do! I have plenty of friends around the area that have boats so we always have extra room. You're welcome anytime