PDA

View Full Version : Heater hoses

Moomben
06-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Does anyone know if there is a higher quality heater hose available? I have a 17 Moomba Craz and the hoses/tubes already have holes in them. Anyone else having problems with this?

wolfeman131
06-06-2017, 01:24 PM
if you mean the ones that pull out, those are pretty standard as far as I know. I'd check to make sure they aren't catching on any screws, etc when you're pulling them out and/or storing.

Stazi
06-06-2017, 01:25 PM
Wolf, they are pretty chincy. Mine are already showing the spring in places. The rubber is just too thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sivs1
06-06-2017, 01:29 PM
Am assuming they are Heater Craft? check to see if under warranty and talk to them about better options.

mmandley
06-06-2017, 01:52 PM
Another option is Fuel hose, it's thicker and more then good enough for hot water.

You just need the inside diameter

Stazi
06-06-2017, 01:53 PM
3" fuel hose?? I think you are thinking about the hot water hose. We're talking about the hot air hose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zabooda
06-06-2017, 03:52 PM
I'm assuming the heater vent hose because getting holes in your water lines would be no fun. I would go back and get the bad heater vent hoses replaced. It is easy for the installers to get a tear if they are not careful. The owner needs to pull the tubes completely straight out so it's not rubbing on the holder before using. Not the most durable material but it needs to be flexible when it is cold out.

Moomben
06-06-2017, 04:18 PM
I'm talking about the ones that pull out to warm up with. Honestly we used three times and are bad. Our dealership has more on order, but how long will the next ones last? They are too thin and the design needs to be changed. There has to be thicker ones made from different materials out there.

jringo
06-06-2017, 06:37 PM
I've read on other forums users that have had great success using Walmart flexible septic hose (like for a camper/rv). Not a solution to fix your new boat but FYI on a low cost/proven method if you get tired of the dealer/factory resolution.

Stazi
06-06-2017, 08:07 PM
I've read on other forums users that have had great success using Walmart flexible septic hose (like for a camper/rv). Not a solution to fix your new boat but FYI on a low cost/proven method if you get tired of the dealer/factory resolution.

Worth checking out. Does it collapse like the stock hose, for stowage?

jringo
06-06-2017, 09:11 PM
Yes - looks/works like stock hose but is far more durable. Basically it's the poo pipe pulled out when RV's drain the septic so it collapses easily.

Stazi
06-06-2017, 09:27 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170607/0d343cdf4cdb487e39ac405b74c8c069.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The General
06-06-2017, 10:31 PM
Just dropped my 17 Pro off for first service. Heater was used one time and both hoses had exposed springs. I replaced the heater on my Supra two years ago with a new heater craft and the hoses were higher quality. They seemed to be at least 50% thicker (guesstimate)

mattsask
06-07-2017, 12:05 AM
Mine were replaced under warranty this winter and were toast again after one outing.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

deerfield
06-07-2017, 12:09 AM
Moomben – Had a very different, positive experience with the two heater hoses on my Outback. They got lots of use from adults and kids when we lived in the Midwest where spring and fall were pretty chilly and they wanted to warm up. Even with all the use, never had a hole or tear in the material. Was just as intact on the day in 2007 when we took delivery of the boat from the dealer as it was when we sold the Outback last year to a skier in New York. Sorry about the trouble you are having, especially given that it’s a new boat. Hopefully the dealer gets that squared away for you. - Deerfield

Does anyone know if there is a higher quality heater hose available? I have a 17 Moomba Craz and the hoses/tubes already have holes in them. Anyone else having problems with this?

mmandley
06-07-2017, 06:59 AM
Ohh yea ok lol