PDA

View Full Version : Curise Control Issue on 2015 Moomba Mondo

coneslager
06-05-2017, 08:42 PM
Just purchased over winter, it is a new 2015 that had not been sold. Been in the water twice this year. Pretty easy to operate, turn on or off, set speed, move lever forward. My problem today was even after I turn the cruise control off, the boat would only go to the speed that was originally set on cruise. I turn the cruse on /off, turn the boat on/off, finally turn off all power and waited about a minute. I then gave 1/2 throttle or so. It seemed like it stalled at 10 MPH again but then operated as normal. Yes, I turned it off. Is there something special that needs to be done to disengage the cruise besides turn it off on the computer?

Thanks.

coneslager
06-05-2017, 09:46 PM
Forgot to state I have the Digital cruise pro 2

coneslager
06-14-2017, 09:47 PM
After my last trip out, I did not use the cruise and had a similar speed issue. It appears when the ballast bags are full, the boat will only go 10-11ish. Is that normal to anyone?

Pound
06-15-2017, 09:54 AM
Does it do it w/the ballast empty? When it does it, do the RPM's continue to go up when you increase the throttle, but the boat just won't accelerate? How much ballast do you have? Are there any fault codes showing up on the screen?

If your answers are no, yes, a lot, and no, it could be a prop selection issue. might want to find out what prop you have, and research one more suited to grunting out of the hole when weighted.

If your answers are yes, no, factory, and yes (or no), you might want to talk to your dealer.

coneslager
06-15-2017, 10:16 AM
When the ballast are empty, everything works as expected. Just noticed my tach is not working, so really cant see the rpms. The boat accelerates just fine up to the 10ish mph, which is a good speed for surfing. No fault codes showing on screen and no sure on the amount of ballast, have the two bags in back and one up front.

It is a new 15, so my warranty just started in March. Going to contact the dealer on the tach anyway, but just wanted to know if there is some kind of rev limiter when tanks are full.

BrettLee3232
06-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Stock prop won't get on plane with ballast bags full. I went with a 2079 & all good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coneslager
06-21-2017, 09:52 PM
Called Moomba and they said prop. Despite coming pre-ordered with ballast bag, they did not put on a prop that could handle it. They checked the config on my boat and said the "wake" prop should do the trick. On order, will see...and when they fix my tach, I can check rpms.

BrettLee3232
06-21-2017, 10:05 PM
Called Moomba and they said prop. Despite coming pre-ordered with ballast bag, they did not put on a prop that could handle it. They checked the config on my boat and said the "wake" prop should do the trick. On order, will see...and when they fix my tach, I can check rpms.

What do they say the "wake" prop is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

coneslager
06-21-2017, 10:16 PM
Confirming with the dealer tomorrow, but my build sheet said I had the 14.5 x 14.25 which supposed to be the wake prop, so if that is what is on, I would think it would be the 2079 like you said...will confirm.

https://www.wakemakers.com/moomba-wakeboard-boat-propellers

SorryCharlie
06-22-2017, 10:31 AM
I've had that issue on my Mojo. I have to put it back in neutral and then turn the cruise off. After that, it'll run wherever I put the throttle. I haven't figured out yet why the cruise comes on automatically. Few more times at the lake and I should have it figured out but Tropical Storm Cindy is not cooperating.