PDA

View Full Version : Listing boat to surf

DaveM
06-05-2017, 03:43 PM
I have a 2013 LSV and it surfs fine, but we have to list it on the side of the surfer. I've been looking at new boats brands, and several of the sales reps indicate that even with surf tabs on their new models, you still have to list their boats somewhat for a really good wake. So the question is, why buy a new boat if you still have to lean it over a little. The brands I researched to are the Tige R21, Supreme 226, Moomba Craz, and Mastercraft NXT 22. My wife doesn't like leaning the boat, though on my LSV we probably are a little extreme!!

Stazi
06-05-2017, 03:47 PM
With the new boats, you don't have to list it as extreme as you used to have too before the inception of waketabs and stick on wake gates. The boats still list about 5° give or take, but that's inevitable. If you haven't tried yet. Get a stick on wake gate and you can run more evenly weighted ballast.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5:00
06-05-2017, 07:01 PM
What Stazi said. I use a suck gate. I used to have to slam the surf side but now I fill 100% surf side and 80-90% non surf side. It lists but not much at all.

jmvotto
06-05-2017, 09:04 PM
Def try adding suck gate , but the 21 22 category you will have some lean to them