PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Issues, no idea how to fix

sivs1
05-28-2017, 07:56 PM
Does anyone have a mapping of the ballast system for a 2013 SA? From what I can tell, a pump will fill the hard tank and work on the bag at the same time. Each rear bag has a line off the top that ties into the center tank and IBS. I have three pumps in the stern, and can tell one is for port, one for starboard, one for center/IBS. I have a fourth pump by the vdrive, it does not power on, so not what it's tied into.

The other thing I noticed is my setup does not have any vent lines. Yesterday I was curious and used the garden hose to fill the IBS, which actually filled the center tank first before the IBS really started filling. The IBS was so ful of air I had to open the other fill plugs on the bag to fill it.

Thoughts, advise etc. Currently takes over an hour to completely fill and even then may not be full. Impellers are new and gave been checked.

Just an update. Again only garden hose at this point, but seemed like I had massive amounts of air in the system. Remember, no vents for some reason. But was able to burp each side. Heading to the lake to test it.

No go, burping the system did not work. Out of ideas, out of options really annoyed. My Moomba that was three times less money with the old sprinkler valve system was better. locker bags fill to about 1/4 and stop, ran pumps for 30 minutes, after 15 no additional progress was made. Bow bag did not fill at all.

Any thoughts, Any Ideas, Whatever are greatly appreciated at this point. Impellers were replaced last summer and have checked them again they look good.

sivs1
06-02-2017, 09:08 AM
The Facebook folks have been much more responsive then the forum has been regarding this issue. After I tried everything from all the suggestions I received finally broke down and took the boat into the dealer. Turns out that the Power Distribution Module was bad, would not supply enough current and would shut off the pumps after 7 minutes even though they were set for 30.

I am picking up the boat today and am hopeful this solves my on going problem. I am wanting the SA with the Wakeland system to be all it's hyped up to be, we'll see.

kaneboats
06-02-2017, 09:46 AM
Of course. The ole Power Distribution Module. Now you know why you got no responses here.