PDA

View Full Version : 2009 LSV front ballast not emptying?

lewM
05-27-2017, 12:23 PM
Just bought this awesome machine! The middle ballast, aka, the one in center of boat, fills up nicely. But won't empty. I ran it for an hour both sitting still and moving at varying speeds and only 10% of the bag eliminated. So some water came out, but not much. Any ideas?

And where does one but the triangular brackets that attach to the bars that hold open the back three panels for engine and storage. Mine have rusted.

Thanks, glad to be on the Forum. Maybe I can return a favor someday!

996scott
05-27-2017, 09:19 PM
The triangular brackets you can get from the dealer. Do you know if you have the OEM Gravity III ballast system? If so the aerator pump is probably bad. You could probably switch one of the other pumps to check.

lewM
05-28-2017, 01:34 PM
The triangular brackets you can get from the dealer. Do you know if you have the OEM Gravity III ballast system? If so the aerator pump is probably bad. You could probably switch one of the other pumps to check.

I'm not sure on the ballast system. I'll check. I think i only have one motor that feeds all three bags though. I'll check on that also, thanks for your reply