PDA

View Full Version : 2008 OBV stock prop? (And a story)

skiyaker
05-17-2017, 06:34 PM
Hey guys- can somebody tell me what the stock prop is for my 2008 outback V (or a good alternative)

The longer story is that when I got my boat back from dealer storage I noticed the prop is destroyed- all 4 fins bent- which is weird because I'm a experienced inboard driver and I don't remember hitting anything last year and there's no way the boat would drive with that prop that's on it. So I took it the propeller shop that repaired a small ding in it several years ago. It turns out that the prop shop stamps a customer number in the collar on every prop they repair and the prop I took them had no such stamp. The guy at the prop shop has worked there 21 years and is confident that they had never worked on prop I took them. Dealer is acting clueless and has stopped returning my calls. I'm still hoping he'll do some investigating and see if one of the detail boys hooked his buddy up with a fresh prop in the offseason. I'm wanting to order a new stock prop so I can get on the water but since the prop that I have didn't come with my boat I'm not sure what to order. Also if the prop I have isn't the stock on that adds to my suspicion.

Thanks in advance old school moomba owners!

Stazi
05-17-2017, 06:45 PM
I would threaten a law suit if you have proof that your prop was stamped with a "serial" number and the one on your boat now, doesn't. That's some seriously shady shit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kaneboats
05-18-2017, 09:51 AM
You might file a police report and a claim with the dealer's insurer. The dealer is responsible for your boat when he agrees to store it. You do not have to put up with this BS.

jmvotto
05-18-2017, 09:52 AM
I agree with pat

skiyaker
05-18-2017, 12:25 PM
A police report is a good idea. Hopefully I can find the receipt from the previous repair.

zabooda
05-18-2017, 12:49 PM
Police report, get a receipt and stamping information from the repair shop (he may even have pictures). You may check the tightness of the nut and whether the prop simply slides off the shaft and do that with a camera running or a witness which indicates an inattention to detail on the change out and also a recent prop change. Is it the same exact prop?

skiyaker
05-18-2017, 01:23 PM
Police report, get a receipt and stamping information from the repair shop (he may even have pictures). You may check the tightness of the nut and whether the prop simply slides off the shaft and do that with a camera running or a witness which indicates an inattention to detail on the change out and also a recent prop change. Is it the same exact prop?

Yeah- the prop slid right off without a puller which I wouldn't expect for a prop that's been on for 6 years. As for whether it's the exact same prop make- that's what I don't know. Anyone know what would have come stock on my boat? The one I just took off is an OJ but I'll have to look at the numbers when I get home from work.

mikenehrkorn
05-18-2017, 06:01 PM
Mine is several yrs newer (2013) but here is the stock prop

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170518/fb4e076f0f425d03546164f3a88c62f7.jpg

Cactus371
05-18-2017, 07:01 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170518/c26922e22002ca758ba9950b6f723e68.jpg
This was my spare I had in the garage from my 2010 OBV. I had it repaired. It's a 13.7x17.5 I'll make u a smoking deal.

jmvotto
05-18-2017, 11:29 PM
Pretty sure that is what came on my 2007obv

GregInKS
05-19-2017, 03:48 AM
Not sure if it's the same but... I am removing an OJ 13.7 x 17.5 from my 2007 Mobius LSV today and sticking on an ACME 1617. If you need the OJ let me know. I think I want to get a spare 1617 instead of keeping the OJ for a spare. I think there are upgrade props you might want to get though depending on how you use your boat.

trayson
05-19-2017, 01:14 PM
I have the stock prop from my 2008 XLV. it's the 'wakeboard' prop that was an option, so it would probably be a decent one to use on your boat. Might even be a bit of an upgrade for running with ballast...

It's the OJ 466 (14.25x14)

The OJ 466 Wakeboard Propeller was developed for avid wakeboarders and Wakesurfers looking for more hole shot without compromising top end speed.
Description The OJ 466 Wakeboard Propeller was developed for avid wakeboarders and Wakesurfers looking for more hole shot without compromising top end speed. A great performance upgrade propeller for Malibu, Supra, and Moomba V Drive Boats. The XMP Edge The XMP Edge is the first propeller in wake industry designed specifically for the V-drive wakeboard boat and offers a larger diameter with lower pitch to better handle the additional ballast added to the wakeboard boats providing overall performance that is unrivaled.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Be5UkVnLQ84/VPemdY316aI/AAAAAAAAYJk/e7RZHTeO5p4/s800/20150304_164138.jpg

I'd make you a deal on it. I'd rather have another 537 as a spare rather than this one...

I got it from the previous owner of my boat, so I've never had it on the boat in the time I've owned the boat.