PDA

View Full Version : Perfect Pass beeps

Rugburn
08-09-2006, 05:40 AM
The other night, I had the boat lights on, sitting at idle with the heater blowing and Perfect Pass starts beeping, like its not getting enough voltage. If I increase my RPM slightly, it goes away. I know the heater draws alot but shouldnt the stock alternator be able to handle everything being on all at once without so much as a whimper? The voltage meter on the dash does indicate below 12 when its beeping. Is my idle set too low? This happen to anybody else?

Buttafewcoe
08-10-2006, 05:01 AM
At Idle, mine shows 12.8v. (700-800 rpms). You're drawing a lot of current to have it below 12v. Check that your altenator belt is not slipping. Also check your battery can and is holding a charge. You might want to try putting a trickle charger on it overnite to bring it back up.
Hope this helps
B

Rugburn
08-10-2006, 08:48 AM
At idle without the heater on, the voltage is fine, but that moment I turn that on to HIGH, it takes me down below 12v. Thats when the Perfect Pass starts to beep, likes its continually being turned on and off.

I just assumed that since this is factory equipment and not aftermarket, the stock alternator should be able to handle the heater being on and it not drawing too much power. Oh, and I have two brand new deep cycle batteries that I bought this spring. Belts feel tight too.

Buttafewcoe
08-10-2006, 11:24 AM
How many amps is your heater motor rated for? The altenator should be rated for between 65-70 amps up to 90 amps i think for the heavy duty one. If you have the standard alt you may want to upgrade. If you have the heavy duty one already, your system just has a lot of draw on it and at idle pulls out more than the alt puts in. You can do like you said, bump the throttle up a little. But the way you describe your system, it sounds like everything is o.k.
Hope this helps
B