PDA

View Full Version : Digital Display 2013 LSV

Davpmars
05-15-2017, 12:25 PM
Hey Guys,

I have been reading the owners manual trying to get familiar with my new boat but I have no one to teach me other than the people on this forum.

What are the numbers at the bottom of the digital display. I figure they refer to the ballast system but the left side was empty and the number read 98%. Are these presets? If so, how do I change them or take advantage of this feature?

I've attached a screenshot from the manual. The manual doesn't review as much as I would like.

Thanks!

13mobiusLSV
05-15-2017, 05:48 PM
Those are percentages on how full your ballast is, based off your timer. I don't know how much Ballast you currently run but a good place to start is 100lbs/min. That can vary based off pump and impeller age.

You can set it by going into the menu. And adjust it accordingly with how your bag looks at 100% or less if it should be full prior to that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mmandley
05-16-2017, 07:19 AM
The way the system works is,

You goto the Ballast screen setting and you enter a Time in Minutes for pump run time and drain time. As said above a good estimate is 1 min per 100lbs of ballast.
exp 10M to fill 1K bags.

The reason it says 98% is because the system is only a timer, not a gauge. Most likely at some point the ballast timer was changed and this off set the %
You can fix this by changing the ballast minute timer to 1m. Then switching the pump on it will run for 1 minute, and run you to 0%. Then change the timer to what you need for your bags and it will act normal again.

You will see this same problem when filling if the pumps don't prime, the timer will say its filling but it isn't.

Its by no means a perfect system but once you understand it it works decent.

Another note, if the timer says 0% you can still hit drain and it will run the pump for 1 minute then auto shut it off.
Just the same if it says 100% you can hit fill and it will run 1 minute then auto shut off.

Davpmars
05-16-2017, 01:26 PM
Thanks Guys, this is great info